Expanding Gaming Areas...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2001
      Craig wrote:
      > And, I'm looking for a place to host friday nite gaming in the area
      > that is a bit bigger allowing for more attendees.

      Expanding gaming area was one of the criteria for my moving the South Shore
      Gamers from my place of work to the church hall (which will hold about 25
      although we generally get between 15 and 18). They have the ability to
      grant us the 2nd smaller room which is adjacent to the current room for the
      same cost - so in theory we could get to 40+ gamers easily.

      It's hard to find a quality and easily accessible place to host gaming for
      larger groups. Once a group outgrows your home or workplace (as was the
      case for me) you either limit attendance (which I did for a year) or you
      look for places to expand.

      The B20 gaming on Friday's down in Bridgewater (far enough away from Craig's
      neck of the woods that it makes sense for a 2nd helping of gaming on
      Friday's up north) is a very convenient place to play - the downstairs area
      would probably hold 15 or 20 gamers and is currently carrying no extra
      charge for the use of it (they have Magic:TG tourneys upstairs at this
      time). Something like this would be ideal if you can find it in your area.

      Best of luck in finding a new place. Maybe try asking around at local
      church halls - these seem to be popular places to gather (Bob S-H does so up
      north and we now do so down south).

      dber@...