Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Re release theme

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2000
      Maybe it was me who said that I had tried UP once and
      didn't like it. Let me check.....yes it was me.

      I played it with my friday group and it was
      universally panned. It was such a bad experience that
      we haven't tried it again and I thought rather
      negatively of it, but I'm of the firm belief that you
      can't judge a game on its first playing which is
      almost universally the worst because people don't know
      what they are doing, get rules wrong, and generally
      spend more time learning that actually playing.

      This being said, I'm still not sure what everyone sees
      in UP, but the fact that I have only played one time
      makes me want to find out what I'm missing. I enjoy
      being a contrarian about things rather often, but I
      owe the game a few more tries (the same could be said
      about me and Ra).

      So since Taj Mahal is my current favorite and Alison
      ranks; UP on the same level, I need to give it another
      go.

      Craig
      --- Alison Hansel <maarnett@...> wrote:

      > > > Perhaps I can sell playing it to Alison since
      > she's a big
      > > > fan of one of Acquire's progeny, Union Pacific.
      > >
      > > I thought she tried UP once and didn't much care
      > for it? But she
      > was
      > > willing to try it again as I remember...
      >

      > Oh blasphemy! I don't check the posts for a few
      > hours and you've
      > turned me into some sort of Union Pacific
      > poo-poo-er. For the
      > record, UP is my favorite game of all time (tied
      > with Taj Mahal).
      >
      > But you are right that I would be willing to play it
      > again! :)
      >
      > --Alison

      =====
      Craig W. Massey