Attn: John P Cataldo Re: [Unity_Games] Help?!

  • D. Campbell MacInnes
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2001
      "John P. Cataldo" wrote:

      > I'm relatively new here. I'm quite happy to hear that this list
      > actually HAS been post-heavy lately, because I'm having a lot of trouble
      > keeping up. Right now, I have about 149 messages piled up (but who's
      > counting), because I can't wade through them all. I'm tempted to look
      > at the first post in a thread (according to subject lines), and if it
      > looks like something important / interesting, read it, otherwise just
      > delete the entire thread of conversation. At this point, I don't think
      > I have much choice.
      >
      > I just have to hope I don't miss anything too important, and that
      > important messages have useful subject lines. :)

      Well, having heard your dilemma, the important question is...in the sea of mail of late, have you seen the all-important info on the big Unity Games open session, UG2 which is being
      held this weekend?

      If not, I'm not going to fill this email repeating the large reams of info that others have already posted on the event (most notably Dave's post of yesterday), but you may want to
      hunt for it in old posts and if you deleted the info by accident, feel free to contact one of us off-list (me if you wish, though I am sure anyone would be willing to oblige) and we
      can send you copies of the applicable emails.

      It's going to be great fun, and anyone who's everyone on the list (and me too!) will be there.

      --Campbell

      > John
    • John P. Cataldo
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2001
        ] Well, having heard your dilemma, the important question is...in the
        ] sea of mail of late, have you seen the all-important info on the big
        ] Unity Games open session, UG2 which is being held this weekend?

        As a matter of fact, I *have* seen this all important info, and
        particularly kept my eye on it, and have marked as "* IMPORTANT" the
        message containing driving directions & sundry. :)

        ] If not, I'm not going to fill this email repeating the large reams
        ] of info that others have already posted on the event (most notably
        ] Dave's post of yesterday), but you may want to hunt for it in old
        ] posts and if you deleted the info by accident, feel free to contact
        ] one of us off-list (me if you wish, though I am sure anyone would be
        ] willing to oblige) and we can send you copies of the applicable
        ] emails.

        I thank you for this information, and going to all lengths to make sure
        I saw it.

        I'm not certain if I've seen my name as a subject line before in ANY
        mail, and definitely not so soon after joining a public list.

        I had to look twice. In the dozens of messages I'm still skimming
        through superquicklike, I was sure I must have been confused when I saw
        my name.

        ] It's going to be great fun, and anyone who's everyone on the list
        ] (and me too!) will be there.

        I think I will have to make a strong strong effort to attend, at least
        in part, if not for the entire day.

        Again, my thanks for your prompt and pointed help. :)

        John
      • whunt@vistasource.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2001
          > I'm not certain if I've seen my name as a subject line before in ANY
          > mail, and definitely not so soon after joining a public list.

          But if this keeps up, you'll become a statistic -- Matthew Gray
          roadkill, like Alison, the autoposter, the MVGA, me, and pretty much
          everything else that gets beat to death.

          > ] It's going to be great fun, and anyone who's everyone on the list
          > ] (and me too!) will be there.

          Especially Campbell.

          > I think I will have to make a strong strong effort to attend, at
          least
          > in part, if not for the entire day.

          We look forward to meeting you -- TOMORROW!
          I have already pre-placed a dozen games on site (MVGA meets where UG 2
          will be held), and intend to bring a second big tub up with me in the
          morning.

          Walter, who's _really_ looking forward to Unity Games 2.