More statistics, because I like them

  • Matthew Gray
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15, 2001
      Designer's names appearing in subject lines

      Moon 29
      Knizia 24
      Kramer 4

      Gaming session acronyms in subject lines

      B&N 371
      MVGA 247
      SNOB 236
      BLAH 164
      SSG 132
      GSG 67
      B20 67

      Game name's appearing in subject lines

      LotR 70
      San Marco 53
      Carcassonne 40
      Capitol 35
      Aladdin's Dragons 35
      Galaxy 34
      Java 30
      Traumfabrik 26

      Most posts by a single person on a single day

      Dave Bernazzani on August 11th, 2000 18
      Dave Bernazzani on Sepbember 25th, 2000 15
      Alan Moon on March 15th, 2001 15
      Mark Edwards on August 11th, 2000 13
      David Rapp on March 15th, 2001 12
      Dave Bernazzani on July 30th, 2000 12
      Mark Edwards on January 25th, 2000 12

      Did you know...

      Ben Peal has never posted to the list on a Saturday?
      Craig Massey never posts between 2am and 6am?
      Dave Rapp never posts between 10pm and 5am, nor during the dinner hour
      of 6pm-7pm?
      Jonathan Yedidia has never posted at 43 minutes after the hour?
      Andy Latto has never replied to an autoposter message?

      Ok, I'm done.

      ...Matthew
    • John P. Cataldo
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2001
        ] Gaming session acronyms in subject lines
        ]
        ] B&N 371
        ] MVGA 247
        ] SNOB 236
        ] BLAH 164
        ] SSG 132
        ] GSG 67
        ] B20 67

        Hey, now THIS is a useful list for me. Because now I can reasonably
        ask:

        What ARE all these acronyms? Where do I find out more about them, etc.?

        :)
      • D. Campbell MacInnes
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2001
          "John P. Cataldo" wrote:

          > ] Gaming session acronyms in subject lines
          > ]
          > ] B&N 371
          > ] MVGA 247
          > ] SNOB 236
          > ] BLAH 164
          > ] SSG 132
          > ] GSG 67
          > ] B20 67
          >
          > Hey, now THIS is a useful list for me. Because now I can reasonably
          > ask:
          >
          > What ARE all these acronyms? Where do I find out more about them, etc.?

          They are all the names of Game Groups/Sessions.

          Off the top of my head, they break down as follows (and I am sure I will get some wrong):
          B&N == Barnes & Noble (Walpole)
          MVGA == Merrimack Valley Gamers Association (Holliston)
          SNOB == Slightly North Of Boston (Your Move Games in Cambridge)
          BLAH == Boston Ludophiles, Andrew Hosting (in some dank dungeon in Boston)
          SSG == South Shore Gamers (Dedham)
          GSG == Guy Stuff Gamers (South Attleboro, not North Attleboro; way out in the boonies)
          B20 == Bridgewater Gaming (In the Church hall in Bridgewater, hosted by Scholars Games)

          All the above sessions are ostensibly open (so far as I know) to everyone, and all would love more ppl to come. B&N, MVGA, SNOB, SSG and B20 are all good ones to go to if it is your
          first time gaming with people on Unity Games, as they are all at public locations (halls, stores, etc) and thus are "neutral territory". If'n you come by and look at us and don't
          like what you see, you can always claim to be there for some other reason and walk away! ;)

          If you need more info on a particular group/session, I'd say email the list and those organizing it will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

          Stop on by and pull up a chair ;)

          --Campbell, just FULL of posts today! (Or full of something anyway)
        • Ronald J Kimball
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16, 2001
            On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 10:28:01AM -0500, D. Campbell MacInnes wrote:

            > SNOB == Slightly North Of Boston (Your Move Games in Cambridge)

            Your Move Games is actually in Davis Square, in Somerville. The address is
            400 Highland Ave.

            The entrance can be a bit tricky to find, if you don't know where it is.
            Look for Yee Village, which is downstairs and has an adjacent entrance

            Ronald
          • D. Campbell MacInnes
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 16, 2001
              Yeah, as I said, I was likely going to get some of them wrong; especially those I've never actually attended.

              But thanks for the assist.

              Oddly enough, I got three copies of this message. I think my mail client just likes to humiliate me. It'll pay....oh yes, it'll pay.....

              --Campbell

              Ronald J Kimball wrote:

              > On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 10:28:01AM -0500, D. Campbell MacInnes wrote:
              >
              > > SNOB == Slightly North Of Boston (Your Move Games in Cambridge)
              >
              > Your Move Games is actually in Davis Square, in Somerville. The address is
              > 400 Highland Ave.
              >
              > The entrance can be a bit tricky to find, if you don't know where it is.
              > Look for Yee Village, which is downstairs and has an adjacent entrance
              >
              > Ronald
            • Ronald J Kimball
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 16, 2001
                On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 11:22:53AM -0500, D. Campbell MacInnes wrote:

                > Oddly enough, I got three copies of this message. I think my mail client
                > just likes to humiliate me. It'll pay....oh yes, it'll pay.....

                Just wanted to let you know, it looks like everyone on the list received
                three copies of my message. Apparently, it's my mail client that wants to
                humiliate me. :) Actually, I think something funky happened at
                yahoogroups.com. I'll watch for it to happen again, just in case.

                Ronald
              • Craig Massey
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 16, 2001
                  --- In Unity_Games@y..., "D. Campbell MacInnes" <haleon@s...> wrote:

                  > They are all the names of Game Groups/Sessions.
                  >
                  > Off the top of my head, they break down as follows (and I am sure I
                  will get some wrong):
                  > B&N == Barnes & Noble (Walpole)
                  > MVGA == Merrimack Valley Gamers Association (Holliston)
                  > SNOB == Slightly North Of Boston (Your Move Games in Cambridge)
                  > BLAH == Boston Ludophiles, Andrew Hosting (in some dank dungeon in
                  Boston)
                  > SSG == South Shore Gamers (Dedham)
                  > GSG == Guy Stuff Gamers (South Attleboro, not North Attleboro; way
                  out in the boonies)
                  > B20 == Bridgewater Gaming (In the Church hall in Bridgewater, hosted
                  by Scholars Games)

                  The dank dungeon reference is better applied to SNOB. BLAH is at
                  Andrew's home.

                  One other acronym to add to the list - WAGG which is Wakefield Area
                  Gaming Group which I host at my home usually the 2nd and 4th fridays
                  of the month. Dinner is almost always included in this deal (that's
                  the only reason Dave Rapp comes)

                  This is semi open which means I don't post upcoming sessions to the UG
                  list (in deference to Alison's battle with the autoposter), but if
                  people are interesting in attending, a quick email letting me know
                  they are interested is enough to get an "invite" to the next one.

                  Sessions usually have between 8 and 12 people though we have exceeded
                  12 in the past. Twelve is about the max comfort level for gaming at
                  my place except on rare occassions (we had 18 at a thanksgiving day
                  bash!!!), hence the semi open nature.

                  But to stress again, if anyone is interested in friday nite gaming in
                  Wakefield - north side of town - please drop me an email - new
                  attendees are always welcome.

                  And, I'm looking for a place to host friday nite gaming in the area
                  that is a bit bigger allowing for more attendees.

                  Craig