Re: [Unity_Games] B&N Gaming - July 31, 2000

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
      Damn I hate to miss an open gaming session, but it's getting to be that time of year. Are you ready for some football!?!

      Mark

      P.S. What's Herald and Zeus?

      Dave Bernazzani wrote:

      > During our game, Pete and Jonathan played a couple games of
      > Herald and Zeus. Jonathan really likes the game and gave it high
      > marks. Pete felt it was an OK game - giving it a fair but decent
      > mark. It's basically Stratego with cards - and I've enjoyed the
      > few games I've played, but need additional playings to really see
      > if it will shine up.
      >
      > David went to browse the bookstore for a bit - and Alison and
      > Jonathan played a game of Herald and Zeus while the rest of us
      > played Aladdin's Dragons. ....

      Mark Edwards
      dangermouse@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
        Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:

        >Damn I hate to miss an open gaming session,
        >but it's getting to be that time of year.
        >Are you ready for some football!?!
        >
        > Mark
        >
        >P.S. What's Herald and Zeus?

        Hehehe... My spell checker gone awry! Actually, it's Jonathan's
        new version of Hera & Zeus - Herald is a greek peasant dressed in
        drag and doesn't last too long against Zeus' mighty lightning
        bolts.

        Football is my least-liked favorite sport and so looses out to
        game night (now if were US Open Tennis...). I figured that's
        where you were and possibly others. I guess we won't see Mark
        the Hedgehog for 6 months. Wait... maybe that means 6 more
        months of peaceful gaming! Hip-hip-hooray...

        Well, I suppose *I* missed you a little - sniff... sniff... We
        played your favorite - Aladdin's Dragons!

        dber@...
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2000
          Dave Bernazzani wrote:

          > Football is my least-liked favorite sport and so looses out to
          > game night (now if were US Open Tennis...). I figured that's
          > where you were and possibly others. I guess we won't see Mark
          > the Hedgehog for 6 months. Wait... maybe that means 6 more
          > months of peaceful gaming! Hip-hip-hooray...

          Heat Miser,

          The word is "loses", not "looses". Get that spell checker fixed, it's out of control!
          Aha! I knew you were communist, how can you not like football?!? Or do you like it, I'm not sure what "least-liked favorite sport" means.
          And don't you fret, I won't be interested in all of the Monday night contests. You'll be seeing me again. "...from hell's heart I stab at thee, with my last breath I spit at thee..." To misquote Khan who was probably misquoting Ahab.

          > Well, I suppose *I* missed you a little - sniff... sniff... We
          > played your favorite - Aladdin's Dragons!

          Well I can only thank my lucky stars that I wasn't there. Although I would've liked to have gotten in on the Members Only game, if only to keep Jonathan from beating up on the MO rookies. He's a shark I tell yah! ;-)

          Cold Miser

          Mark Edwards
          dangermouse@...
        • Craig Massey
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2000
            Wasn't Herald Zeus' second wife? No wonder Hera was
            always mad at him.

            --- Dave Bernazzani <dber@...> wrote:
            Mark

            > >P.S. What's Herald and Zeus?
            >
            > Hehehe... My spell checker gone awry! Actually,
            > it's Jonathan's
            > new version of Hera & Zeus - Herald is a greek
            > peasant dressed in
            > drag and doesn't last too long against Zeus' mighty
            > lightning
            > bolts.

            =====
            Craig W. Massey
            cwmassey@...

            http://invites.yahoo.com/
          • James E Torkelson
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2000
              Hi,

              Glad you guys/gals had fun. Kirsten and I were a bit burnt out from
              playing 'Merchant of Venus' the night before, so between that and child
              care we are going to be only on the 'occassional' list.

              In those immortal words, "I shall return!"
              Jim Torkelson
              "Testosterone is a great equalizer. It turns all men into morons..."
              Rupert Giles, "The Pack" BTVS

              Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
              http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.