Once a month gaming...

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2000
      We've been tossing around ideas about trying to get a bit more
      organized, but here's a simple (if completely unoriginal, in fact Bill
      R. had just mentioned it) idea.

      How about we rent a KoC, church hall, what have you, one Saturday a
      month for some all day gaming? Kinda like what the North Shore Gamers
      (Bob Scherer-Hoock etc.) do, except we'd base it here south of Boston.
      So instead of trying to organize some sort of mini-convention how about
      we do a 1st (or 2nd or 3rd, whatever) Saturday of the month club.
      The main reason I'm advocating this is that we're still pretty
      disorganized in gaming activities. Take, for instance, this weekend. I
      know of 3 gaming sessions going on, quite independent of each other.
      Joe Huber has got one going all day Saturday at his house in
      Westborough. Andrew, in lieu of the canceled SSG session, is trying to
      get a group together at his place in Boston on Saturday night. And Bill
      is gaming tonight with a few friends down here in Attleboro. (And even
      more sad is the fact that I can't attend any of those sessions! Damn!)
      And I won't even talk about all the gamers out there who don't have
      a group to game with at all.

      I'm not sure how the KoC, etc. rental would work so I definitely be
      interested in hearing prices and terms you folks know about.

      Also I'd like to talk about location, Bill mentioned and I agreed
      that the Walpole, Norwood, Dedham area would be pretty ideal, but then
      again since it's only 1 day a month a trip down here to Attleboro
      wouldn't be so horrible either (there's a KoC hall right across the
      street from my subdivision! ;-) ). In any case it should be someplace
      convenient to 95 and/or 128.

      Another thing, since this would be a hall I'd think we could just
      invite as many people as we collectively know about.

      Let's get this ball rolling, let me know what you think!

      Mark

      NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...
      surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Our two weapons are fear and
      surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear,
      surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to
      the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons... Amongst our
      weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise... I'll come in again.