Re: [Unity_Games] The World of Message Filters

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2000
      "Mark J. Edwards" <dangermouse@...> wrote:

      > Here's how to do it in Netscape:
      > In Messenger go to the "Edit" menu and then select
      > "Message Filters" under that.

      Not to continue to clog the list with group/moderator issues
      (sorry)...

      It's easy with Forte Agent also - you simply set up a Watch
      filter (CTRL-W) and you can have any message retrieved and filed
      automatically into a folder (such as I do - "Unity Games").

      Finally, in case it was not obvious from my earlier postings, you
      can have the list accessed in the following ways:

      Individual emails
      Messages are delivered one at a time to your email inbox. This is
      the best option if you want to keep up on the latest posts
      immediately. Email attachments, if included in a message and
      allowed by your moderator, will be sent directly to you.

      Daily Digest
      Messages are delivered in batches of 25 or daily, whichever comes
      sooner. This is the best option if you want to receive fewer mail
      messages and don't need up-to-the minute posts in your inbox.
      Email attachments are not available in digests.

      No Mail / Web Only
      This option puts email message delivery on hold, for example
      while you are on vacation. If message archives are available,
      this option also permits you to read messages at the eGroups Web
      site. Note that message archive options are determined by each
      moderator, and that some groups have no Web message archives.

      I know Dan has used the last option quite effectively. I use the
      first option and I suspect the Daily Digest is fairly easy as
      well. You can change these at the Unity Games website at
      egroups. If you struggle at all - let me know and I'll change
      the option for you.

      dber@...