Re: [Unity_Games] SR from Wed Mar 28 (BLAH XXIX)

  • AndAgainMA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2001
      (The good stuff is at the end of this message. I suggest you read it from the bottom up.)

      E&T. Yes, 13 is an impressive winning score, especially when you bear in mind that the game ended due to time, with lots of treasure and the board and many tiles in the bag. There was also a large number of tiles in the box, mainly due to external conflicts.

      I can't remember, even roughly, what Paul's count was in the various colors. I know that I had over 20 in each of blue and green, and that I should have pursued red far more aggressively.

      Samurai. I usually load up on one figure type among my starting 5. I don't think that I end up scoring higher in that type than in any other.

      This game, I started with a boat (a 2, I think) and the 4-buddha. I played these two on my opening move. I also had the ronin and a samurai (again, a 2, I think) in there. I'm not sure what the other tile was.

      I think I started a topic a while ago on what people's preferred starting tiles are. I don't think that there was much response. Feel free to responsd to the question now, whether you be chessmaster, big-haired psychologist, weasel, or whatever.

      What are your preferred 5 starting tiles for Samurai?

      Andrew.

      ps I did try to goad Craig into attending. I told him that his Bluffin' rival, the Cashmore Kid, would be there. I asked him if he wanted to be the answer to the riddle: What do you get if you cross a weasel with a chicken? But to no avail.
    • Craig Massey
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2001
        --- AndAgainMA@... wrote:

        > What are your preferred 5 starting tiles for
        > Samurai?

        I usually draw the following tiles to start (for those
        taking notes, next time I play, I'll draw something
        completely different): the Ronin (guy on the horse), a
        3 tile of each color, and usually the 2 boat, though
        sometimes I'll draw the tile swap. I find that having
        the ronin in your hand is often key to winning a key
        city early in the game and I like having the tile swap
        early so I can use it any time. Nothing is worse than
        drawing it late in the game when it is often useless.

        > ps I did try to goad Craig into attending. I told
        > him that his Bluffin' rival, the Cashmore Kid, would
        > be there. I asked him if he wanted to be the answer
        > to the riddle: What do you get if you cross a weasel
        > with a chicken? But to no avail.

        Your feeble jedi mind tricks are useless against
        weasels.

        =====
        Craig W. Massey
        cwmassey@...