Re: [Unity_Games] Parlor Games - "Murder" the predecessor to Werewolf?

  • Dan Cashmore
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
      > Also note the first game, "Spoons". I think this is the latest game that Dan
      > was trying to describe to me a couple of weeks ago at an SSG. Again I mostly
      > ignored him. Given Dan's track record with introducing party games I have no
      > idea why that happens. It does sound like fun. Unfortunately Dan's just a
      > lousy game pusher, he's gotta take some lessons from Dave or Jonathan. ;-)
      >
      > Mark

      Actually, the game I was trying to describe was Twitch, by Wizards of the
      Coast. I'm not sure, but it may be out of print already, because Funagain
      is out of it. I reviewed it for Funagain a while back. I prefer Pit, but
      this has that same frantic feel to it. I'll bring it to game sessions for a
      while.

      As for "Spoons", that sounds similar to our house variant of Pit. We put
      one less spoon on the table than there are players. Instead of hitting a
      bell, the first player who corners a crop grabs a spoon. When other players
      see the first spoon go, they all grab one too, with one player going
      spoonless. Being spoonless carries the same penalty as getting the
      bear--you lose 20 points.

      This serves only to add a little more craziness to the game. Sometimes the
      winner of the round can take a spoon without anyone else noticing, and then
      watch as everyone else trades trying to win a round that is already lost.
      If you value safety in your gameplay, use this variant with caution; Fingers
      can get twisted and I've seen people dive across the table to try to grab
      the last spoon from the other side.

      -Dan