Re: Theme Nicknames?

  • Aleka & GrillCake
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2001
      One thing I know that is dumb is how the ampersand in Aleka &
      GrillCake gets turned into "Aleka & GrillCake" in the byline.

      Anyway that whole mess happened when Yahoo took over egroups. My
      wife was already in a Yahoo Group and I was in a different E-Group
      other than this one. And when the switched and I converted my account
      I actually merged with my wife's existing account because we had the
      same e-mail. For a while I was showing up as Mrs Ben McCaig cause
      her profile was female. So we changed the profile to include us both
      but the transexuality of our account still confused yahoo. Go figure.

      The actual Name GrillCake originated as the Name of my first unix
      server in college and I eventually took it as my own screen name at
      various place across cyberspace.

      McDirge came about when GrillCake was rejected as a name by those
      Yahooligans. It appears that someone else in the world had stolen my
      name. There is also someone on Napster using my name. Who knows if
      they really saw my name and used it or they coincidently thought of
      it themselves(unlikely). Ive never ran across them anywhere oooh but
      when I do....

      Anyway McDirge is just a hybrid of my last name and the Name of our
      Cat who just happens to be named after a depressing style of music.

      Ben