Re: [Unity_Games] Funagain sales figures - comments

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2001
      Andrew W wrote:
      > Good to see: Princes of Florence (Rio Grande edition)
      > at #2 on the list. Although I'm not as big a fan of this game
      > (or of Kramer) as some, it's more than good enough, ad
      > involves more than enough text, to merit an English language
      > release. The question was (or is), was there enough demand
      > after the German edition had been out so long and the translated
      > edition delayed so often?

      I think so. It has some staying power and is still a game I look forward to
      playing. I think the English Language version will sell briskly for a while
      as there were a lot of people who held back waiting for this to arrive in
      English. I'm definitely itching to play The Princes of Florence again -
      this will definitely hit the table at the SSG on Saturday.

      > Surprise: Schotten-Totten at #11, Battle Line, the more interesting and
      less Scotophobic superset, nowhere on the top 50.

      Maybe it's the price difference? (I can't remember what it was). I really
      like Schotten Totten! (and was given a copy of Battle Line but have not
      played it yet although that copy has been played by Alison and Jenn at least
      once).

      > Bargain: Dia de los Muertos at #47, reduced to $4.95.
      > Wonderful card artwork, interestingly different trick-taking game,
      > an independent effort worthy of support... include a copy in your next
      order!

      I noticed Boulder is also carrying them (I thought Funagain had an exclusive
      for some reason but I must be misremembering). I think Frank (the designer
      of this game) has done a great service with his efforts in the past (most
      notably the gaming dumpster) and is a nice guy to boot so I also plan to
      support his card game.

      > ps yes, Dave, Carcassonne is #1 again!

      I noticed! But it still sits at all-time #20. It's been there for a month
      or so. It seems stuck - after making steady progress through the 100's,
      then down to 50's and slowly into the 20's. I'm sure it will rise into the
      teens but it's slow in advancing (lots of games on the top 20 have been
      selling for a lot longer and so I assume it just takes time for the volume
      of Carcassonne to match or exceed them). At the current less-than US$15 I
      assume lots of people are getting one tossed into any sizable order since
      that's a small investment risk on a game people have heard good things
      about. As a side note, at Total Confusion, several people came by watching
      us play Carcassonne and commented - 'Hey, I've heard lots of good things
      about that one!' so the word is getting out!

      dber@...