Re: [Unity_Games] First Nuremburg Rio Grande Releases Here!

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2001
      Craig wrote:

      > Dave wrote:
      > > I also noticed that Boulder will no longer be giving
      > > the usual 5% discount
      > > to us SGS members after 1 April 2001.
      >
      > Boo! Any insight as to why? Good thing UG II is
      > before April.

      I'm not sure. I just heard about it today for the first time. I suspect
      Jim's markup is very slim - he once hinted to me that a typical boardgame
      markup is just a few dollars. I suspect the 5% was eating into this as more
      and more people were taking advantage of it. I'll admit the prices are
      often so low I sometimes feel badly taking another 5% for the SGS discount.
      Of course I'm the same guy that has yet to take the Funagain price guarantee
      because I feel the slightly higher prices are worth the great website
      interface, reviews, and ability to track down hard to find games (I've only
      used this once, but they came through for me!). Not getting the additional
      5% will not dissuade me from continuing to use Boulder (as well as Funagain)
      in the future.

      By the way (for the benefit of the multitude of new UG subscribers this
      week), UG2 stands for Unity Games II which is our all-day gaming event being
      held on Saturday March 17, 2001. There will be lots of people and tons of
      boardgames to play - let me know if you think you might like to make it!

      dber@...