BoardGameStuff News

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2001
      I see Matthew has put up his BoardGameStuff news at:

      http://boardgamestuff.com/ (and click on the BoardGameStuff News link).

      Format looks nice and clean. Best of luck with it Matthew!

      dber@...
    • jonnypolite@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 2001
        Site looks great Matthew, i think this is a fantastic idea. I'm
        often looking through sites for news, including about.com's games
        site run by eric arneson, brett and board, game report, games
        journal, role play news, etc.... You just have to get the word out,
        have you posted this to r.g.b yet?

        patrick

        --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Dave Bernazzani" <dber@g...> wrote:
        > I see Matthew has put up his BoardGameStuff news at:
        >
        > http://boardgamestuff.com/ (and click on the BoardGameStuff News
        link).

        > Format looks nice and clean. Best of luck with it Matthew!
        >
        > --
        > Dave Bernazzani
        > dber@g...
        > http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)
      • Matthew Gray
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 23, 2001
          > Site looks great Matthew, i think this is a fantastic idea. I'm
          > often looking through sites for news, including about.com's games
          > site run by eric arneson, brett and board, game report, games
          > journal, role play news, etc.... You just have to get the word out,
          > have you posted this to r.g.b yet?

          I just posted to r.g.b. this morning. What I'm really hoping is that
          as people find out about it, they'll start using the 'post article'
          feature, and therefore it will include things from places other than
          those that I frequent (which, fortunately is a lot of them).

          I've already got two new stories up there, one of which Mark emailed
          me about, just as I was posting it.

          Thanks to everyone for the feedback yesterday. As I said in the
          welcome message on the site, I'm treating this as an experiment, and I
          hope it works, but if it doesn't, it was worth trying anyway.

          ...Matthew
        • Cragmyre .
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 23, 2001
            >and therefore it will include things from places other than
            >those that I frequent (which, fortunately is a lot of them).

            Out of curiousity. Don't the other sites frown upon using their articles?

            Otherwise, looks good, bookmarked it is, visit will I.

            --Ron
          • Matthew Gray
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 23, 2001
              > Out of curiousity. Don't the other sites frown upon using their articles?
              >
              > Otherwise, looks good, bookmarked it is, visit will I.

              Of the many sites of this type (slashdot, bluesnews, kuro5hin,
              technocrat, etc.) I'm not aware of anyone having any problem with it.

              In general, it will be a link to the story with a short summary blurb,
              so it actually drives people to the other sites. If anyone hears of
              anyone who has a site who is uncomfortable with this practice, please
              let me know, as it isn't the intent to cause anyone to frown...

              ...Matthew