MVGA -- 1 year in Holliston!

  • whunt@vistasource.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2001
      We're celebrating 1 year in Holliston, after moving down from Westford
      on Super Bowl Sunday (thanks again Greg and Lewis!)

      It's been a great year for the MVGA, thanks in part to Unity Games.
      Now that we're in a nicer venue and seem to have a stable attendance,
      I've elected to dip into the MVGA war chest to buy some games for our
      cabinet. They're on order from Boulder, and will be available for use
      on MVGA night (and during Unity Games 2 in March). We've received
      permission to move the game cabinet from the card room to a front
      closet, putting it in easy reach on game nights.

      The games are: Taj Mahal, Acquire, Vinci, OFuA, Save Doctor Lucky,
      Tigris & Euphrates, Settlers of Catan, Union Pacific, Bohnanza, and
      Web of Power.

      With luck, we'll be able to buy additional games in the future. If
      we're able to get to 10 regular attendees, we'll have $100 extra to
      spend every six months.

      Hope to see you all there, tomorrow (2/8) and in the future!

      Walter.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2001
        Walter wrote:

        > [MVGA]
        > We're celebrating 1 year in Holliston, after moving down
        > from Westford on Super Bowl Sunday (thanks again
        > Greg and Lewis!)

        Congratulations Walter! I've enjoyed my visits there and although my
        current schedule does not fit well for the Thursday travel, I will make a
        strong effort to get down to visit again on a game night Thursday in early
        March before UG2.

        dber@...
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2001
          whunt@... wrote:

          > The games are: Taj Mahal, Acquire, Vinci, OFuA, Save Doctor Lucky,
          > Tigris & Euphrates, Settlers of Catan, Union Pacific, Bohnanza, and
          > Web of Power.

          Wow, I couldn't have picked a better selection of games myself! It's great to see MVGA thriving. Kudos to Walter and the gang!

          Speaking of which, I was posting my session report when I noticed this, it's been just about a year since I reformed my little gaming group (after years of layoff since we quit our MtG addiction) and started posting session reports on my page, etc. Mucho thanks to all the folks that have come to game and socialize at a GSG session! It wouldn't work without quality gamers, which to my surprise, there appears to be an abundance of if only you can find them. Special thanks to Marty, Dave and Dan who got things rolling way back then!

          Mark