SR: Monday Barnes & Nobels July 10, 2000

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2000
      Well another fine B&N game night. Lots of people in attendance - but
      just four of us from the list to play German/Euro boardgames. Some
      others included the standard Scrabble players and there might have
      been a different game or two going on the background.

      Funny tidbit on this game night - Mark had placed his games on the
      table next to our big table (so they looked available for the taking)
      and some unsuspecting couple came buy and grabbed a copy of "Business"
      (or some such) and when they got it back to their table across the
      room, they found it was all in German. hehehehe... They looked at it
      for a bit, then put it back at some other table (or perhaps they put
      it back and someone else took it to another table). Mark's copy of
      High Society also wandered around. Lots of confused looks ensued!

      In attendance were Mark, Andrew, Eddie and myself. We played Hol's
      der Geier and High Society for warmups while waiting for Ed to arrive.
      I liked HdG but the others did not enjoy it as much. Actually, I saw
      Mark trying to light my only copy on fire later in the evening -
      fortunately it was put out quickly. High Society was a bit more fun.
      I managed to win both games.

      When Eddie arrived, we voted on and played Auf Heller und Pfennig
      which was a close race but in the end Eddie managed the win by a
      single point, with Myself and Andrew just 1 and 2 points behind! I
      think Mark played, but his score hardly reflects that fact. In the
      distance, a glass shattered in the cafe area during playing and some
      shards came our way. Mark was kind enough to pick them up and toss
      them back to the people working in the cafe. hehehe... AHuP got
      fairly high rating marks.

      Lastly, we fit in a full game of Showmanager. I had my best game of
      this by far - and still managed to come in dead last. Why do I
      continue to like this game? We all liked the game - Mark managed the
      win with Andrew a close second.

      A full report later!

      dber@...