Reminder: ALAKASLAM game demo at FRAGS this Thursday

  • muttstain2
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26 5:51 PM
      Alakaslam is a short 2-player (pr partnership 4-player) card based tennis game, where players can not only return the ball, but enchant it with spells.

      The game is currently on Kickstarter, and has already funded...

      FRAGS meets in Framingham every Thursday at 7:30. The demo will begin at 8:00. If you are a regular, or have been thinking about checking us out, please come by to support a local game designer.

      Past successful demos at FRAGS have included HULL BREACH, INNOVATION, NINJA DICE, WARRING KINGDOM and ALCHEMY.

      FRAGS, like all of my events, is open to all members of UNITY GAMES, MENSA, MEETUP and anyone else who is seeing this post or email.

      In addition to FRAGS, movie night is every Tuesday in my theater. This week, see Wonder Woman (Michelle Ryan) battle zombies in a British comedy

      The movie starts at 8:00.  We warm up with 3 episodes of DEADBEAT at 7:00

      This one got an 8 of 10 at imdb, and the first three episodes were hilarious.

      All are welcome.

    • rrprojmgr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2014
        Hi Matt,

        I’m contacting you in the hope of scheduling a demo of my forthcoming board game, “The Game of 49,” at an upcoming FRAGS gathering. The game is currently funding (successfully!) on Kickstarter.

        Prior to the Kickstarter launch, “49” appeared at PAX East, in the Boston Festival of Indie Games Tabletop Showcase, and at Unpub 4.

        You’ll find descriptions of gameplay, in text and video, on the Kickstarter page. I've also provided game-related links below. The game is for 2 to 5 players and takes 30 to 45 minutes.

        I know FRAGS has hosted demos by local designers in the past (most recently Don Mitchell's Alakaslam, which I playtested at the Game Makers Guild), and I hope my game can become part of that tradition.  I live in Nashua. The "49" Kickstarter continues through July 9.

        I appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing from you.

        Thanks.

        Mark Corsey

      • rrprojmgr
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2014
          Sorry, all.
          Did not intend to post this to the public conversation board.
          —Mark