New to the area

  • netmancer00
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2014

      Hi All!

      My name is James and I am a lover of all things games! My wife and I just moved to the Auburn area just outside Manchester, NH. We are looking to join more gamer groups in the area and I came across your group. I just wanted to say "Hi"!

      Thanks,

      James Grummell

    • William Dickens

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17, 2014

          Hi James!

          I live in Hudson NH and know of many different gaming events that happen. If you are around this Saturday my Salem, NH group is meeting. We get monthly newsletter and this is the information provided in it:

          Time:  The hall will open at 1:00 PM, and close after midnight sometime.   Be aware that a goodly quantity of folks have been arriving promptly at 1 PM (or before) and sitting down to play quickly.  There is nothing wrong with this; but if you arrive at 2:15 PM expecting to find a few people milling around debating what to play, you might be surprised.  That being said, people do drift in throughout the afternoon.

          Directions to the American Legion:

          From 93 North take exit 2.  Turn onto Main Street  (Route 97) going East.  Go through 3 lights (there is a fourth at a school that just stays green) -- about 1.2 miles.  Turn left onto Millville Street just before Bank Santander .  Go 1/4 mile to the American Legion on your right (just  before Lancaster School).

          In any case, I hope you can make it. We meet on the third Saturday of every month and it will help open other opportunities for gaming.

          If you are willing to travel there are a bunch of MA groups too.

          Hope to see you gaming!

          -Steph

          ---In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, <netmancer00@...> wrote :

          Hi All!

          My name is James and I am a lover of all things games! My wife and I just moved to the Auburn area just outside Manchester, NH. We are looking to join more gamer groups in the area and I came across your group. I just wanted to say "Hi"!

          Thanks,

          James Grummell

        • ToysNThings Danvers
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 17, 2014
            Hey James,

             As far as local groups I'd suggest Myriad Games in Salem NH. They specialize in boardgames and have a gaming area, Don't know if they offer any sort of game nights. My store TnT does have open board gaming on Tuesday evenings and Sunday afternoons, but we are farther away (roughly 40 mins) from Hudson than Myriad. Hope you can link up with a group.

            Evan J.

            Toys N Things
            66 Maple St
            Danvers, MA 01923
            Phone: [978] 777-1879
            Email: ToysNThingsDanvers@...
            Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ToysNThingsDanvers
            Web: http://tntgamingdanvers.com/
            On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:35 AM, "punkin312@..." <punkin312@...> wrote:

            Hi James!

            I live in Hudson NH and know of many different gaming events that happen. If you are around this Saturday my Salem, NH group is meeting. We get monthly newsletter and this is the information provided in it:

            Time:  The hall will open at 1:00 PM, and close after midnight sometime.   Be aware that a goodly quantity of folks have been arriving promptly at 1 PM (or before) and sitting down to play quickly.  There is nothing wrong with this; but if you arrive at 2:15 PM expecting to find a few people milling around debating what to play, you might be surprised.  That being said, people do drift in throughout the afternoon.

            Directions to the American Legion:
            From 93 North take exit 2.  Turn onto Main Street  (Route 97) going East.  Go through 3 lights (there is a fourth at a school that just stays green) -- about 1.2 miles.  Turn left onto Millville Street just before Bank Santander .  Go 1/4 mile to the American Legion on your right (just  before Lancaster School).

            In any case, I hope you can make it. We meet on the third Saturday of every month and it will help open other opportunities for gaming.

            If you are willing to travel there are a bunch of MA groups too.

            Hope to see you gaming!

            -Steph

            ---In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, <netmancer00@...> wrote :

            Hi All!
            My name is James and I am a lover of all things games! My wife and I just moved to the Auburn area just outside Manchester, NH. We are looking to join more gamer groups in the area and I came across your group. I just wanted to say "Hi"!

            Thanks,
            James Grummell

          • skepticscott
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 17, 2014
              Yes, check out both Myriad Games Manchester store and their Salem store. I've been at the Salem store's gaming night one Saturday until after midnight.

              Scott

              `-- c8 ]
            • Randy Brown

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 18, 2014
                  On 4/18/2014 5:29 AM, Randy Brown wrote:
                  > There is definitely a large miniatures contingent at Myriad, but they do
                  > play boardgames as well.

                  Myriad in Salem hosts ASL days some Saturdays. You'd have to check the
                  YASL Yahoo group for when; I've lost touch with them.

                  --
                  Scott

                  `-- c8 ]