Selling games...

  • Andy Mellors
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2014
      Long time lurker, first time poster...

      I'm looking to sell a little bit of my collection off.

      What are you guy's suggestion for selling them?
      eBay, BGG Marketplace, posting here, other?

      Thanks!
      -Andy
    • matthew horn

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 23, 2014
          > I like listing them in the BGG marketplace. Also, before a convention
          > (such
          > as UG), you can see that just sending an email blast to the attendees
          > typically results in a lot of sales. YMMV.
          >

          > On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Andy Mellors <amellors@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Long time lurker, first time poster...
          >>
          >> I'm looking to sell a little bit of my collection off.
          >>
          >> What are you guy's suggestion for selling them?
          >> eBay, BGG Marketplace, posting here, other?
          >>
          >> Thanks!
          >> -Andy

          I'm probably going to bring what didn't get sent away in the math trade
          with me to UG XX. I hope to come home with fewer things.

          Walter.

          --
          Walter H. Hunt
          Grand Historian, Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 23, 2014
            This seems like a good time to remind everyone about the policy on selling games at UG.

            UG is a great place to exchange games which have been sold or traded prior to UG.  But, with the exception of the Charity Auction, we don't allow the selling of games at the event.

            http://www.unitygames.org/ugxx/ug_pol.htm

            -Adam

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 30, 2014
              Do things really sell on the market place?

              I guess I never really paid attention, but it seems like they just stay & nothing sells..

              -Andy
            • Chuck T
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2014
                I've had luck auctioning things off on BGG - it SEEMS to be the most actively looked at area on BGG to sell and/or trade games.

                The Marketplace is nice, but as you say, unless you're looking for a specific title your item will sit in the "stack" with the others.

                --
                Chuck T
                chuck.tewksbury@...
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2014
                  > Do things really sell on the market place?

                  > I guess I never really paid attention, but it seems like they just stay &
                  > nothing sells..

                  I have bought several games from emails on Unity and also from various
                  BGG lists. That said, I've not been interested in 95% of the games,
                  so maybe that's why it seems like nothing sells -- only a small
                  portion of the games do.

                  Judy Anderson yclept yduJ 'yduJ' rhymes with 'fudge'
                  yduJ@..., http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~yduj