saturday

  • Chuck T
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 22, 2014
      I'll be attending my first UG on Saturday.  I'm curious, are there "official" tournament type events and if so, are they published all in one place?

      Thanks much and I'm looking forward to it!

      --
      Chuck T

    • Tery Noseworthy
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 22, 2014
        Hi Chuck,

        There are not a lot of tournaments. While it is mostly just open gaming, there are some events, all of which will be listed on the official "schedule of events" that will be near the registration table. There is also a teaching area in the North Shore ballroom where certain games will be taught on a schedule; I believe Phil sent the schedule out to the list recently, so you could search the group for that or maybe Phil could post it again,

        If you're looking for a game or gamers you can head to the Jump Start area (in the main ballroom - look for the big yellow sign); this is the place to find players for a game you want to play or find people looking for other players.

        See you on Saturday!

        Tery

        On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Chuck T <chuck.tewksbury@...> wrote:

        I'll be attending my first UG on Saturday.  I'm curious, are there "official" tournament type events and if so, are they published all in one place?

        Thanks much and I'm looking forward to it!

        --
        Chuck T

        --
        "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman
      • Phil Alberg
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 22, 2014
          Here is a link to the Teaching Area schedule that's posted in the BGG Unity Games guild:

          Saturday can't get here fast enough!

          - Phil

          On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Tery Noseworthy <nosegamer@...> wrote:

[...]

          Eastern MA Gaming
          http://www.unitygames.org/

          "When playing a game the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning."
          - Reiner Knizia
        • matthew horn

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 23, 2014
                I'm teaching this game at UG on Saturday. If someone else has a copy,
                please contact me off list; I'd rather teach it to two smaller groups than
                have 6 or more people show up and have to turn one or more away.

                In any case I'll bring my own copy.

                Walter.

                --
                Walter H. Hunt
                Grand Historian, Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 23, 2014
                  I could use an extra copy of Eight Minute Empire( not Legends) if anyone had one.
                  John

                  Sent from my iPad

                  On Jan 23, 2014, at 7:14 AM, hotc@... wrote:

                  I'm teaching this game at UG on Saturday. If someone else has a copy,
                  please contact me off list; I'd rather teach it to two smaller groups than
                  have 6 or more people show up and have to turn one or more away.

                  In any case I'll bring my own copy.

                  Walter.

                  --
                  Walter H. Hunt
                  Grand Historian, Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
                  hotc@...
                  http://www.walterhunt.com
                  http://www.masonicgenealogy.com

                • turingman