Re: [Unity_Games] a blast from the past

  • Joe Hartley
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
      On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 10:07:04 -0400
      Chuck T <chuck.tewksbury@...> wrote:

      > http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com/ds_webfaq.html
      >
      > if you ever owned any of these, it's a fun way to try them again!

      There are definitely some fun ones in there. Barbarian Prince was a
      fave of mine because it's a solitaire game, and I can rarely find folks
      to play with.

      Along those lines, there's a solitaire Doctor Who game that started as
      a variant of BP but has grown into so very much more. You can print out
      the various booklets and play anywhere, or you can play online via the
      wiki. http://dwssg.averyniceplace.de/wiki/

      Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...
    • Scott Romanowski
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
        Thanks Chuck!
        > http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com/ds_webfaq.html
        >
        > if you ever owned any of these, it's a fun way to try them again!

        I owned BP many years ago. It'll be fun to see if I can get lost in
        farmlands again. :-)
        --
        Scott

        `-- c8 ]
      • Joe Hartley
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2013
          On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 10:07:04 -0400
          Chuck T <chuck.tewksbury@...> wrote:

          > http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com/ds_webfaq.html
          >
          > if you ever owned any of these, it's a fun way to try them again!

          BTW, I love it when someone finds stuff hosted on my server! In the
          fifteen years or so I've had it online, it's become a nice resource
          for microgames. You might also like these:
          http://micro.brainiac.com/
          http://maverick.brainiac.com/cmm/cmm_index.html
          http://tft.brainiac.com/

          The last is focused on The Fantasy Trip from Metagaming, the company that
          invented the microgame.

          There are a number of games that can be downloaded from the site, especially
          from here: http://micro.brainiac.com/contest-games.html

          Back in '98 we had a contest to see who could design the best micro, and
          these were the entries. There were two other MDCs, more details here:
          http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/7540/mdc-ii-microgame-design-contest-two-2002
          http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/35492/mdc-iii-microgame-design-contest-iii

          Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...