a blast from the past

  • Chuck T
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
      http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com/ds_webfaq.html

      if you ever owned any of these, it's a fun way to try them again!

      --
      Chuck T
      chuck.tewksbury@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
        On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 10:07:04 -0400
        Chuck T <chuck.tewksbury@...> wrote:

        > http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com/ds_webfaq.html
        >
        > if you ever owned any of these, it's a fun way to try them again!

        There are definitely some fun ones in there. Barbarian Prince was a
        fave of mine because it's a solitaire game, and I can rarely find folks
        to play with.

        Along those lines, there's a solitaire Doctor Who game that started as
        a variant of BP but has grown into so very much more. You can print out
        the various booklets and play anywhere, or you can play online via the
        wiki. http://dwssg.averyniceplace.de/wiki/

        Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...
      • Scott Romanowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
          Thanks Chuck!
          > http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com/ds_webfaq.html
          >
          > if you ever owned any of these, it's a fun way to try them again!

          I owned BP many years ago. It'll be fun to see if I can get lost in
          farmlands again. :-)
          --
          Scott

          `-- c8 ]
        • Joe Hartley
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2013
            On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 10:07:04 -0400
            Chuck T <chuck.tewksbury@...> wrote:

            > http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com/ds_webfaq.html
            >
            > if you ever owned any of these, it's a fun way to try them again!

            BTW, I love it when someone finds stuff hosted on my server! In the
            fifteen years or so I've had it online, it's become a nice resource
            for microgames. You might also like these:
            http://micro.brainiac.com/
            http://maverick.brainiac.com/cmm/cmm_index.html
            http://tft.brainiac.com/

            The last is focused on The Fantasy Trip from Metagaming, the company that
            invented the microgame.

            There are a number of games that can be downloaded from the site, especially
            from here: http://micro.brainiac.com/contest-games.html

            Back in '98 we had a contest to see who could design the best micro, and
            these were the entries. There were two other MDCs, more details here:
            http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/7540/mdc-ii-microgame-design-contest-two-2002
            http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/35492/mdc-iii-microgame-design-contest-iii

            Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...