Re: [Unity_Games] RE: Unity Games 20

  • brentskicote
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
      > Another vote for Carnage - 3 days of gaming, more structured than UG,
      but always plenty of pick ups going on.

      Edwards:

      >> Mr Tact, at it again.
      >>
      >> But he's right. There currently is not enough impetus among the folks
      >> running the Unity Games event to extend it into 2 days.
      >

      > E:
      >
      >>> I've seen this movie more than once, so I'll give you a short version
      >>> of
      >>> the official response that may or may not come.
      >>> No.
      >
      > For a refreshing change of pace I agree with Mark Edwards. We've had this
      > discussion before and after every event since UG I, back when the earth
      > was cooling. We've concluded that it's not something we want to organize,
      > and it's not necessarily something people will attend. This is, and at
      > least under current steering will remain, a one-day event.
      >
      > TotalCon is a great local alternative; so is Carnage up in Vermont. UG is
      > - a day of gaming.
      >
      > Walter.
      >

      > --
      > Walter H. Hunt
      > Grand Historian, Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
      > hotc@...
      > http://www.walterhunt.com

    • Adam Smiles
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 26, 2013
        We do have a group code.  The rate will be $119 plus tax.  I have to double check what the actual code is.  We'll have all the details on the website, which we'll try and have up and running in the next few weeks.

        -Adam

        To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
        From: nosegamer@...
        Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:02:44 -0400
        Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] RE: Unity Games 20

        We will talk to the hotel about that, but since we don't guarantee a large block of rooms (most people are local and do not stay), there may not be a huge discount. The hotel rooms for that weekend currently range from about $120 with a AAA discount to $160, depending on what you want.

        Tery

        On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM, <michael.tutt@...> wrote:

        Will there be a group rate code for the hotel?

        ---In unity_games@yahoogroups.com, <adamsmiles@...> wrote:

        Unity Games 20 will be returning to the Danvers Doubletree Hotel on Saturday January 25, 2014.

        We will update the website and start collecting registration payments in the fall.

        "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

      • charlieebrown2001
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 1, 2013
          One of the best "small cons" I've been to. Wish I could afford to go
          back this year - hoping for 2014...

          > Another vote for Carnage - 3 days of gaming, more structured than UG,
          but always plenty of pick ups going on.

          > Another vote for Carnage - 3 days of gaming, more structured than UG,
          but always plenty of pick ups going on.

          Edwards:

          >> Mr Tact, at it again.
          >>
          >> But he's right. There currently is not enough impetus among the folks
          >> running the Unity Games event to extend it into 2 days.
          >

          > E:
          >
          >>> I've seen this movie more than once, so I'll give you a short
          version
          >>> of
          >>> the official response that may or may not come.
          >>> No.
          >
          > For a refreshing change of pace I agree with Mark Edwards. We've had
          this
          > discussion before and after every event since UG I, back when the
          earth
          > was cooling. We've concluded that it's not something we want to
          organize,
          > and it's not necessarily something people will attend. This is, and at
          > least under current steering will remain, a one-day event.
          >
          > TotalCon is a great local alternative; so is Carnage up in Vermont.
          UG is
          > - a day of gaming.
          >
          > Walter.
          >

          > --
          > Walter H. Hunt
          > Grand Historian, Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
          > hotc@...
          > http://www.walterhunt.com

        • gahndalph
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 12, 2013

            Thanks Adam.  Looking forward to the game day. We're coming down from Vermont and will be staying over Friday thru Sunday.  I'd like to be able to get my rooms booked soon, so the rate code would be helpful.

            To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com