Unity Games 20

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
      Unity Games 20 will be returning to the Danvers Doubletree Hotel on Saturday January 25, 2014.

      We will update the website and start collecting registration payments in the fall.

    • gahndalph
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 24, 2013

        Will there be a group rate code for the hotel?

        ---In unity_games@yahoogroups.com, <adamsmiles@...> wrote:

        Unity Games 20 will be returning to the Danvers Doubletree Hotel on Saturday January 25, 2014.

        We will update the website and start collecting registration payments in the fall.

      • Tery Noseworthy
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
          We will talk to the hotel about that, but since we don't guarantee a large block of rooms (most people are local and do not stay), there may not be a huge discount. The hotel rooms for that weekend currently range from about $120 with a AAA discount to $160, depending on what you want.

          Tery

          On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM, <michael.tutt@...> wrote:

          Will there be a group rate code for the hotel?

          ---In unity_games@yahoogroups.com, <adamsmiles@...> wrote:

          Unity Games 20 will be returning to the Danvers Doubletree Hotel on Saturday January 25, 2014.

          We will update the website and start collecting registration payments in the fall.

          "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman
        • Mark Goodwin
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
            Hi all,

            Just curious: Has there been any discussion about making this a 2-day event? I think I come away ever year hoping I could have played Game X, Y and Z had I had more time.

            :)

            Regards,
            Mark

          • E
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
              I've seen this movie more than once, so I'll give you a short version of the official response that may or may not come.

              No.

              Why?

              They don't want to. If you believe that strongly in a two day event, you are encouraged to organize it.

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
                Mr Tact, at it again.

                But he's right.  There currently is not enough impetus among the folks running the Unity Games event to extend it into 2 days.

                I highly encourage those that are looking for a 2+ day gaming event to look into Total Con which takes place in February in Mansfield.  I believe Rob Kircher is still running the board gaming and he's done a great job with organizing tournaments, open gaming and even making a library of games available.

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
                  Edwards:

                  > Mr Tact, at it again.
                  >
                  > But he's right. There currently is not enough impetus among the folks
                  > running the Unity Games event to extend it into 2 days.

                  E:

                  >> I've seen this movie more than once, so I'll give you a short version of
                  >> the official response that may or may not come.
                  >> No.

                  For a refreshing change of pace I agree with Mark Edwards. We've had this
                  discussion before and after every event since UG I, back when the earth
                  was cooling. We've concluded that it's not something we want to organize,
                  and it's not necessarily something people will attend. This is, and at
                  least under current steering will remain, a one-day event.

                  TotalCon is a great local alternative; so is Carnage up in Vermont. UG is
                  - a day of gaming.

                  Walter.

                  --
                  Walter H. Hunt
                  Grand Historian, Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
                    Pot - kettle, you rat bastard.

                    From: Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...>

                    Mr Tact, at it again.

                  • Mark Edwards
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
                      Heheh.

                      From: Mark Edwards <danger-mouse@...>

                      Mr Tact, at it again.

                    • brentskicote
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 25, 2013
                        > Another vote for Carnage - 3 days of gaming, more structured than UG,
                        but always plenty of pick ups going on.

                        Edwards:

                        >> Mr Tact, at it again.
                        >>
                        >> But he's right. There currently is not enough impetus among the folks
                        >> running the Unity Games event to extend it into 2 days.
                        >

                        > E:
                        >
                        >>> I've seen this movie more than once, so I'll give you a short version
                        >>> of
                        >>> the official response that may or may not come.
                        >>> No.
                        >
                        > For a refreshing change of pace I agree with Mark Edwards. We've had this
                        > discussion before and after every event since UG I, back when the earth
                        > was cooling. We've concluded that it's not something we want to organize,
                        > and it's not necessarily something people will attend. This is, and at
                        > least under current steering will remain, a one-day event.
                        >
                        > TotalCon is a great local alternative; so is Carnage up in Vermont. UG is
                        > - a day of gaming.
                        >
                        > Walter.
                        >

                        > --
                        > Walter H. Hunt
                        > Grand Historian, Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
                        > hotc@...
                        > http://www.walterhunt.com

                      • Adam Smiles
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 26, 2013
                          We do have a group code.  The rate will be $119 plus tax.  I have to double check what the actual code is.  We'll have all the details on the website, which we'll try and have up and running in the next few weeks.

                          -Adam

                          To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 1, 2013
                            One of the best "small cons" I've been to. Wish I could afford to go
                            back this year - hoping for 2014...

                            > Another vote for Carnage - 3 days of gaming, more structured than UG,
                            but always plenty of pick ups going on.

                            > Another vote for Carnage - 3 days of gaming, more structured than UG,
                            but always plenty of pick ups going on.

                            Edwards:

                            >> Mr Tact, at it again.
                            >>
                            >> But he's right. There currently is not enough impetus among the folks
                            >> running the Unity Games event to extend it into 2 days.
                            >

                            > E:
                            >
                            >>> I've seen this movie more than once, so I'll give you a short
                            version
                            >>> of
                            >>> the official response that may or may not come.
                            >>> No.
                            >
                            > For a refreshing change of pace I agree with Mark Edwards. We've had
                            this
                            > discussion before and after every event since UG I, back when the
                            earth
                            > was cooling. We've concluded that it's not something we want to
                            organize,
                            > and it's not necessarily something people will attend. This is, and at
                            > least under current steering will remain, a one-day event.
                            >
                            > TotalCon is a great local alternative; so is Carnage up in Vermont.
                            UG is
                            > - a day of gaming.
                            >
                            > Walter.
                            >

                            > --
                            > Walter H. Hunt
                            > Grand Historian, Grand Lodge of Massachusetts
                            > hotc@...
                            > http://www.walterhunt.com

                          • gahndalph
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 12, 2013

                              Thanks Adam.  Looking forward to the game day. We're coming down from Vermont and will be staying over Friday thru Sunday.  I'd like to be able to get my rooms booked soon, so the rate code would be helpful.

                              To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com