Re: Game recommendations

  • lisa_hertel
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 25, 2013
      Bohnanza ("The Bean Game") was popular with our kids when they were that age. Also Munchkin and Fluxx. Any of the Lego games are good. Monopoly, of course, and Life.

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Jackson-Mead <jacksonmead@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Asking this for friends of friends. They are a family of 4, with a
      > 7-year-old and a 9-year-old and two parents. The games they have all
      > enjoyed are:
      > Chess
      > Settlers of Catan
      > Carcassonne
      > Othello
      > Labyrinth
      > Stratego
      > Set
      > Hive
      > Mancala
      >
      > The games that the 7-year-old has enjoyed but the rest of the family didn't:
      > Ticket to Ride (don't know which version)
      > Elfenland
      >
      > I've lent them Pandemic, Once Upon a Time, Blokus, and Bohnanza, and I've
      > given a recommendation for Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers.
      >
      > Does anyone have any other recommendations for games for them? Preferably
      > 4-player ones that they can all play together.
      >
      > Also, they live on the North Shore (Swampscott, I think). Are there any
      > newbie-friendly and kid-friendly game gatherings close to them?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kevin

    • Jeffrey Henning
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 26, 2013
        My 7-year old enjoys:
        * Fluxx - Oz Fluxx and Pirates Fluxx, especially
        * Battleship
        * Monopoly Jr. (probably his favorite)
        * Bang!
        * The Sorcerer's Cave
        * Lego Heroica
        * Zingo!
        * Quick Chess

        Handy links:
        http://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bygame/user/Jeffrey%20Henning/subtype/boardgame

        - Jeffrey
      • Paul LaRue
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 27, 2013
          I have 4 boys ages 6,9,11,12 - they enjoy playing:

          Transformers Risk
          Dungeon!
          Munchkin
          Cribbage (yes that's right)
          Castle Panic
          Carcassone
          Small World

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Kevin Jackson-Mead
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 27, 2013
            Thanks for the recommendations, Paul!

            Kevin

            On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Paul LaRue <bppglarue@...> wrote:

            > I have 4 boys ages 6,9,11,12 - they enjoy playing:
            >
            > Transformers Risk
            > Dungeon!
            > Munchkin
            > Cribbage (yes that's right)
            > Castle Panic
            > Carcassone
            > Small World
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone

            > Groups Links

          • matthew horn
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 29, 2013
              Hick Hack in Gackelwack is a favorite of my 7, 9, and 11 year olds, and I
              don't mind playing it myself.

              On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Kevin Jackson-Mead
              <jacksonmead@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Thanks for the recommendations, Paul!
              >
              > Kevin
              >

              > On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Paul LaRue <bppglarue@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I have 4 boys ages 6,9,11,12 - they enjoy playing:
              > >
              > > Transformers Risk
              > > Dungeon!
              > > Munchkin
              > > Cribbage (yes that's right)
              > > Castle Panic
              > > Carcassone
              > > Small World
              > >
              > > Sent from my iPhone

              > > Groups Links

            • Karl von Laudermann
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 29, 2013
                Yes, that's a good one; the English version is called Pick Picknic.

                On Jul 29, 2013, at 6:23 PM, matthew horn wrote:

                > Hick Hack in Gackelwack is a favorite of my 7, 9, and 11 year olds, and I
                > don't mind playing it myself.
                >

                > On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Kevin Jackson-Mead
                > <jacksonmead@...>wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Thanks for the recommendations, Paul!
                >>
                >> Kevin
                >>

                >> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Paul LaRue <bppglarue@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>> I have 4 boys ages 6,9,11,12 - they enjoy playing:
                >>>
                >>> Transformers Risk
                >>> Dungeon!
                >>> Munchkin
                >>> Cribbage (yes that's right)