Netrunner: this Friday at FNC

  • madcapmartini
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2013
      Event contact Brian Little: xevo1979@...

      Along with FNC, I'm starting an informal league for Android: Netrunner players who are looking to get together to play the game, talk about decks, cards, and strategies.

      FNC has ordered a game night kit from Fantasy Flight with lots of cool player incentives to be distributed during these get-togethers. The first of which will take place on Friday, July 19th at 6:30 p.m. in the store's game room. We plan to meet every other Friday to follow (the first and 3rd Friday of each month). Be sure to follow the store on Facebook and on BoardGameGeek as we finalize the last few details.

      I'm excited to get this going as the game is super fun but really needs a pool of other people to play against for it to really take off. Considering the popularity of the game, I could even see hosting tournaments after new expansions come out so we could try out new decks and see what works.

      http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/1514
      Friendly Neighborhood Comics
      191 Mechanic St. Bellingham, MA
      www.friendlycomics.com
    • Brian Little
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013
        Hey everyone!

        Netrunner is a really fantastic game and I am excited to hopefully meet new
        players and will be bringing a couple of extra decks in order to teach
        people the game and give anyone who needs it a nice and easy introduction
        to what can be a daunting set of mechanics if you try to figure it all out
        on your own. We will be meeting every two weeks, so even if you can't make
        it out this time we hope to see you on August 2nd also at 6:30!

        --Brian

      • Craig B
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013
          Hi Brian!

          How late will these be running?  I'd be a bit hard pressed to get there by 6:30, but could try.  More likely, though, I'd be closer to 7-7:30.

          I've never played, but want to try the game sometime, as I've heard very good things.

          - Craig

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2013
            Hey Craig,

            The event runs until 9:30. Hope to see you.

            -Mat Thomsen