Framingcon wrap-up / "Ted" this Tuesday / Upcoming detour

  • muttstain2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2013
      Sorry for the late wrap-up as I misplaced my attendance list:

      Attendees (I think):

      Aaron F, Aaron M, Aileen, Andy L, Angela, Arlene, Arthur, Aubrey, Bill K,
      Brian H, Bruce R, Bruce S, Cheryl, Christine, Dan B, Dave H, Eddie R,
      Emannuelle, Frank, Gary, George, Jerry, Joaquim, Jocelyn, Joe D, Joe M, Joel,
      John C, Jonathan, Judy, Karl, Karyn, Kate, Laurie, Lev, Lierre, Lilly, Lisa,
      Lynda, Marc D, Marc M, Marina, Mark N, Melissa, Mike C, Naomi, Noj, Paul R,
      Paul T, Perry, Pete D, Richard, Rob E, Rob S, Robin, Sarah, Seth, Shari,
      Sharon, Stacey, Tiffany, Vitas, Wanda and me

      If I left anyone out, I apologize.

      Congratulations to Pete and Kimberly (who gave birth Friday night during
      the party), so they get a pass for missing this one.

      Special thanks to Jerry for the Saturday party game (I wasn't sure how he
      would make Jeopardy work as a team game, but he did!). Also, thanks to those
      who gave rides to people, and who brought food and games.

      With better weather, attendance was back to the usual with around 25 on
      Friday, 45 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. Things went pretty smoothly this
      time, as I even figured out how to handle the propane grill on my own, and I
      did not set off any fire alarms.

      Once again, Shadow Hunters was the most-played game, but with no Kimberly,
      there was also no Celebrities this time. While the theater was used for
      Rock Band, the hockey playoffs, and the Dr, Who finale, there was never a full
      eight-player game of Buzz, so I still don't know if the replacement
      controller I bought works... Also getting multiple plays were 7 Wonders, Among
      the Stars, and Seasons. For those interested, I was able to get the "Estaban"
      promo for 7 Wonders by simple sending 2 Euros to Repos Games via Paypal.
      Stevie and Louis are available this way as well.

      Thanks to those who helped me look for a new tenant. Krista will be moving
      in next week.

      FRAGS continues to meet every Thursday, and movie night is on Tuesdays.

      This coming Tuesday, I will break from the cheesy movies (though the
      cannibal comedy "Fresh Meat" last week was very funny). The feature this week
      will be "Ted". I am hoping for a decent turnout. The movie starts at 8:00; the
      final 2 episodes of "Mongrels" will start at 7:00.

      Beginning June 10th, and continuing for awhile, the Winter Street Bridge
      will be under construction. Those coming in from the north will need to
      detour via Maple Street. From Winter, go left on Maple, right on Franklin,
      right on Mt Waite, right on Harvey Cushing, Right on Winter, left on Bexley.
      It's easier than it sounds.

      That's it for now. Next full weekend will be late summer.

      -Matt