Reminder FRAMINGCON is this coming weekend (and I need a small favor)

  • muttstain2
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2013
      It's less than a week until the next FRAMINGCON. I don't know where the
      time goes. At least the house is in reasonable shape this time, so things
      should be ready to go.

      I have a bunch of new games, but it doesn't look like any of the
      Kickstarter ones will be here unless somebody wants to volunteer to put together
      print and play versions...

      I am in the process of trying to get rid of a bunch of games in order to
      make room for the new ones. I have listed a number of them on the BGG
      marketplace and the Unity Games list and I still need to put up the ones for
      John. In all cases, I have listed them below the going rate at BGG or Amazon.
      Please take a look.

      We will be starting at 7:30 Friday night, and running through at least
      midnight Sunday night, Burgers, hot dogs, and vegetarian chili will be served
      on Saturday night. Jerry is running the party game on Saturday that was
      postponed by the storm in February. He has asked that we time it so that it
      does not interfere with the season finale of Doctor Who which will be running
      up in the theater for those who want to see it.

      Unfortunately, it looks like the 2 game demos that were initially
      scheduled for February will not happen this time either. Hull Breach did reach its
      funding goal on Kickstarter, and the guys are busy getting everything ready
      to deliver to the backers. But there will still be plenty of other games
      and movies going on all weekend.

      I will be taking a short break around noon Saturday to join Christine at
      the Cancer walk, but there will be at least 3 or 4 people who have confirmed
      that they are staying over Friday night and I will leave them in charge
      while I am away. There is still room if other people want to stay over as well.

      If anyone is coming in from the Cambridge area (Mike?) I need a small
      favor. I need to get something at Microcenter and will not have a chance to get
      there in the near future. If I order it online and have it ready, can
      someone pick it up for me and bring it? I would really appreciate it.

      In other news, this week's Tuesday movie is a romantic comedy (with
      vampires)

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727885/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

      All are welcome to join us. The movie starts at 8:00; the pre-show at 7:00
      with a couple of sick and twisted episodes of the British show Mongrels.

      FRAGS continues to meet every Thursday at 7:30. There will be a birthday
      cake this week...

      I am STILL looking for a tenant. I am now offering a $100 finder's fee.
      $500 a month including utilities gets the person a room with a private
      entrance to the house, plus full run of all the games and the theater.

      That's it for now. I hope to see many of you this coming weekend. As always
      this event is open to all members of UNITY GAMES, MENSA, MEETUP, FRAGS and
      any other gaming groups.

      For more info, feel free to email me.

      -Matt