Re: Games drive for Boston hospitals after marathon tragedy

  • applejack1963@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2013
      Most, if not all, of the Unity Games event braintrust is away at a gaming event this week. Hopefully, once they're back they can lend their collective knowledge base from pulling off all the successful UG events to the cause. I'm there for them when they do.

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "applejack1963@..." <applejack1963@...> wrote:

      > I attended a function at UMass-Boston's Campus Center (http://www.umb.edu/campus_center/events_conferences) just last Friday. It's a lovely new building with a spacious conference room and adjoining salons. It's T-accessible with regular shuttle buses from Red Line station JKF/UMass (yes, it neighbors JFK Library on Columbia Point). Maybe they could be tapped to host a special fundraising Unity Games event once classes let out?
      >
      > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "twoshowdays" <twoshowdays@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi. I'm new here. A friend of mine is hoping to get local people to donate games to local hospitals as those injured at the marathon undergo the long recovery process. She's wondering if there's interest in such a game drive (we were thinking board games more than video games) and if anyone has hospital contacts or experience in coordinating something like this.
      > >
      > > http://www.michelledeidre.com/post/48159814325/hey-guys-so-i-had-an-idea-i-was-trying-to-think
      > >
      > > Please see her Tumblr post or email me at twoshowdays@ if you want to contribute any of the following:
      > > 1. List of family-friendly and not-too-long game suggestions
      > > 2. Tips for running a donation drive like this
      > > 3. Local hospital contacts
      > > 4. Anything else we should know
      > >
      > > Another idea would be to host Game Days for charity and give the money collected to the new charity Gov. Patrick and Mayor Menino set up: http://onefundboston.org/
      > >
      > > Just looking for some feedback here.
      > >
      > > Many thanks!
      > > Mel

    • twoshowdays
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2013
        That would be fantastic.

        FYI, Child's Play responded to Michelle's query:

        "Thanks for reaching out! We actually were in touch with Boston Children's today and update their wishlist this morning to ensure that if people wanted to donate there would be current items up. I believe if we just update the amount desired, it doesn't change the "date added", though, and many of the items they need are more copies of the same games, books, etc. Thank you for your support and for thinking of the children at Boston Children's Hospital."