Next Framingcon weekend - May 17th - 19th

  • muttstain2
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2013
      As previously speculated, the next Framingcon will be held the weekend
      between Mother's Day and Memorial Day. (Sorry Christine, I know you are singing
      that Saturday) I had debated moving it to Memorial Day weekend to have
      Monday to recover, but it seems like a number of people would not be able to
      make it (and Pete and Kim may have diapers to change by then).

      Due to the poor attendance caused by the storm, we did not have a Saturday
      party game at the February event. The game that Jerry had planned to run
      then will be scheduled for Saturday. The two game demos did not happen
      either, but Team Hull Breach did make it to a subsequent FRAGS event, and I have
      had discussions with them about returning. With the successful Kickstarter
      funding of the game, hopefully they can still find time to come by.

      As always, there will be plenty of games, movies and food. Dinner is
      provided on Saturday night. There is plenty of room for people to stay over.
      (although I am hoping to have one less room by then - I still need a new
      tenant. If you or anyone you know needs a cheap place to live, please let me
      know. $500 a month including utilities gets you complete run of the house and
      theater. I prefer to rent to someone I know, or a friend of a friend, rather
      than a total stranger.)

      Don't forget that FRAGS continues to meet every Thursday night, and movie
      night is Tuesday.

      FRAMINGCON, FRAGS, and all other events I hold are open to all members of
      MENSA, Unity Games, meetup, friends, friends of friends, and just about
      anyone else.

      That's it for now. More in a couple of weeks.

      -Matt