Going to PAX?

  • cvonh
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2013
      If so you might be interested in the following panel on Sunday from 12:30 to 1:30 in the Tabletop Workshop room:

      A Random History of Dice
      Who invented dice? All we know for certain is he or she lived at least 5,000 years ago and was likely bored of throwing animal bones for fun. (Like Pass the Pigs except with real pig.) For some reason, Mr. or Ms. Paleo Gamer then started using cubes with dots on them. From there it was a short step to the modern 20 sided-dice. Wait, did I say modern? Because those were actually invented by the ancient Egyptians, as was the D12 - meaning they likely also invented D&D. Find out more about everyone's favorite gaming essential, including the development (for reasons unknown) of the three, five and seven-sided die. If you'd like to find out how to make crooked dice, if you're curious if it's possible for someone to talk for an hour about dice or if you're only other choice is a Dora The Explorer marathon, then this is the panel for you!

      PANELISTS:
      Constantine von Hoffman [Writer, CBSNews] (AKA the guy in the fez)