Framingcon wrap-up (yes, some people still came despite the storm)

  • muttstain2
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      Despite the best efforts of Nemo to ruin the weekend (was it because I
      found his movie boring?), over 25 people made it to the party. While that is a
      far cry from the number we would have gotten with no storm, I was pretty
      pleased with the turnout.

      Those who made it were:

      Aaron F, Andy, Brian M, Blake, Bruce S, Dan B, Dani, Dave H, Emmanuelle,
      George, Jacob, Jeremy, Jerry, Joanne, Joe R, John C, Judy, Lynda, Nate, Paul
      D, Paul R, Perry, Rob, Sharon, Stephanie, Victor and me.

      Thanks to Rob for the cake for Frank and Stacey (even though they didn't
      make it, they appreciated the thought), George for the use of the George
      Foreman grill, Dave and Emmanuelle for braving the storm all 3 days and
      salvaging Friday night, Victor for giving Paul a ride, Jerry for the party game
      (we'll use it next time, I promise) and everyone who made it.

      Games went on until around 2:00 am Friday, 5:00 am Saturday and 3:00 am
      Sunday. Other than the fact that there were no more than 3-4 games happening
      at once, the event was similar to any other Framingcon. Once again there
      were some classic Shadow Hunters games, a 3-way tie (at 9 points each!) in
      Schnappschen Jagd, multiple plays of Seasons, Goblins, Inc and other recent
      games, as well as many of the old classics.

      We skipped the party game this time, as I did not want Jerry's efforts to
      be wasted on the small crowd.

      The two game demos that were scheduled for the weekend have been postponed.
      Tentatively, Team Hull Breach will be coming to FRAGS on Thursday the
      28th. I'll post a reminder for this to the Unity Games list as the date gets
      closer.

      Usually I don't plan these events too far in advance, but I have already
      tentatively scheduled the next weekend for May - the weekend between
      Mother's Day and Memorial Day (and right before Kim has her baby). That should
      give everyone plenty of time to plan ahead, and we should not have to worry
      about weather (I guess I shouldn't complain - I've been doing 3-4 of these a
      year for 30 years and this is the first one severely impacted by weather).

      FRAGS continues to meet on Thursdays at 7:30, and movies are scheduled
      every Tuesday in the theater (pre-show at 7:00, movie at 8:00). Everyone seeing
      this email is welcome.

      Finally, I am still looking for a new tenant for my basement. The space is
      available starting March 1st (though it would be nice if the room is
      available for the March 9th Mystery Hunt). $500 a month (including utilities)
      includes full access to the theater and the games...

      That's it for now.

      Hope to see many of you soon.

      -Matt