Missing King of Tokyo Die at UG

  • Muttstain
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2013
      I am really annoyed at the lack of care people take with other people's games at UG.

      I am playing K o T now for the first time since UG and there is a die missing. This is not the first time I have come away with missing pieces.

      While I was at the registration table, someone game by with a hex from the Settlers anniversary edition which was on the floor.

      I will be thinking long and hard about bringing games again next year :(

      -Matt

    • Todd Redden
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2013
        It's not hard to lose a bit on the floor when playing a game, but those
        dice are HUGE! I've come home missing bits in the past and discovered
        someone put it in the lost&found and I've always got my missing bits
        back (I've even left whole games behind, and have always been able to
        recover them.) I would check with one of the guys. An extra die that big
        should have turned up somewhere.

        - Todd

        On 2/8/2013 7:58 PM, Muttstain wrote:

        > I am really annoyed at the lack of care people take with other
        > people's games at UG.
        >
        > I am playing K o T now for the first time since UG and there is a die
        > missing. This is not the first time I have come away with missing pieces.
        >
        > While I was at the registration table, someone game by with a hex from
        > the Settlers anniversary edition which was on the floor.
        >
        > I will be thinking long and hard about bringing games again next year :(
        >
        > -Matt

      • Tery Noseworthy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
          Hi Matt,

          I have your King of Tokyo die, along with dozens of other bits. I am also
          concerned about the lack of attention paid to picking up bits and checking
          the area around the table after the game is over.

          Every year Zac Edwards and I look under each and every table and pick up
          lots of bits, but this year was a new high as far as number.

          I have all of the lost bits (including the 3d Settlers bit), so if you're
          missing something please get in touch with me. There are several I cannot
          identify, so please be descriptive.

          Matt, I can mail you the die and you can reimburse me via Paypal, or I can
          try to get it to you - if you let me know gamers you see on a regular
          basis, I can see if I can get it to one of them somehow.

          Tery

          On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Todd Redden <tmredden@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > It's not hard to lose a bit on the floor when playing a game, but those
          > dice are HUGE! I've come home missing bits in the past and discovered
          > someone put it in the lost&found and I've always got my missing bits
          > back (I've even left whole games behind, and have always been able to
          > recover them.) I would check with one of the guys. An extra die that big
          > should have turned up somewhere.
          >
          > - Todd
          >

          > On 2/8/2013 7:58 PM, Muttstain wrote:
          > >
          > > I am really annoyed at the lack of care people take with other
          > > people's games at UG.
          > >
          > > I am playing K o T now for the first time since UG and there is a die
          > > missing. This is not the first time I have come away with missing pieces.
          > >
          > > While I was at the registration table, someone game by with a hex from
          > > the Settlers anniversary edition which was on the floor.
          > >
          > > I will be thinking long and hard about bringing games again next year :(
          > >
          > > -Matt

          "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman