Re: Founds games at UG

  • bob011235813
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2013
      Hi,

      Order of the Stick was a game I won in the auction on behalf of a friend who could not make it to Unity. I only saw one other copy at Unity this year, so the odds are strongly in favor of this being the one I bought from Ron Lacer (BGG USER: rocksnrolls).

      It was among my mountain of won games, but considering the size of my sold games pile, it's easy to understand how either I could have misplaced it in the shuffle or someone grabbed and then abandoned it by mistake.

      Zing probably belongs to Justin Berman (BGG User: j-berman), as he bought one from me, and it's not a common game.

      Please let me know if I can pay you to stick Order of the Stick in the mail, and I'll send a PM to Justin on the Geek to let him know Zing was found left behind.

      Thanks,

      Bob Wilson
      BGG USER: LordBobbio

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Tery Noseworthy wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I have a box of found games that were left behind at UG. None of them have
      > anything that identifies their owners. Please let me know if any of these
      > belong to you and we will work out a way to get it back to you.
      >
      > Netrunner
      > Order of the Stick
      > Pizarro (in shrink, with a note that said ? Sarah Cooper)
      > Mouse Trap
      > Premium Table Soccer
      > Zing
      > Sword and Skull (just the board)
      >
      > Games that are not claimed in the next two weeks will either be donated to
      > or sold to benefit the charity auction (if they are "in demand" games) or
      > given away/donated to charity otherwise.
      >
      > I think a couple of these games may have been left behind on purpose; in
      > the future please do not do that. Unless you want to leave a game that's on
      > my want list, of course.
      >
      > I also have one large black winter glove and a pile of lost bits and cards;
      > I'll post about the bits and cards in the next day or two, once I can
      > identify them.
      >
      > Thanks, everyone - hope you all had as much fun as I did at UG 19!
      >
      > Tery
      >
      > --
      > "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

    • Tery Noseworthy
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi Bob,

        There's no identifying info in the game, but there's also no one else
        trying to claim it, so I suspect it is yours. Most of the lost games seem
        to be lost auction items.

        You can pay me to mail it to you. I can maybe go to mail it tomorrow, or I
        can send the husband out early next week; just let me know your address and
        once we mail it I will let you know how much.

        I can also easily get games to Adam Smiles, Mark Edwards, Dave Bernazzani,
        Bob Cranshaw, Eric Schulz, Bob Sumner, Craig Massey and Bob Scherer Hock;
        through them I can also get games to Terry Egan and Phil Alberg, if any of
        that would help.

        Tery

      • Gemini6Ice
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
          I suggest to everyone that you bring a few extra business cards / address labels and slip them into won auction items immediately upon claiming them.

          -gem