Assuming the world hasn't ended, the next Framingcon will be February 8-10, 2013

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012
      Let's hope that the Mayans were wrong and we will still be here...

      The next Framingcon gaming and movie weekend will take place in Framingham
      the weekend of February 8-10, 2013. That's 2 weeks after Unity Games, and
      the weekend after TempleCon. Hopefully, people will still want to play
      games...

      As always, we will start at 7:30 Friday night and continue through until
      Sunday night. Dinner will be provided on Saturday. Saturday night there will
      be a large party game for everyone who wants to join in.

      More information will follow soon...

      In other news, the next 10 Shadow Hunter characters are just about ready.
      We play tested them this week, and I plan to try them again this Thursday
      at FRAGS. We should be getting them uploaded to Artscow by the end of the
      year. I am teaching the game at Unity Games and would like to have them
      ready. What I plan to do is make up a deck with 5 copies of each. Brian and I
      have claimed the first 2, but the next 3 people who are interested can have a
      set for $2 each. The new Characters are Amazon, Buddha, Chaos, Deckhand,
      Ekko, Fred, Gatling, Ungodly, Vixen, and Wyvern.

      As a reminder, the Patriots are playing tomorrow night at 8:30. Everyone on
      this list is welcome to come by to watch the game with me in the theater.

      Lastly, I am going to postpone the film I had originally planned for this
      Tuesday. Instead, we will be running "My Sucky Teen Romance", the newest
      film from Emily Hagins. If the name isn't familiar to you, she produced her
      first film at age 13, and is the subject of the documentary "Zombie Girl".
      This one is a comedy about vampires at a comic convention. Those who did not
      come last week missed a really funny movie (Bruce called "Vamps" the best
      movie I have ever shown on a Tuesday night).

      Here's more info on this week's film which will start at 8:00

      _http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707821/_
      (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707821/)

      We'll start at 7:00 with 2-3 episodes of "Alienated". This very dry
      Canadian comedy (with no laugh track) follows a typical Canadian family coming to
      terms with having been adducted by aliens.

      _http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338574/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1_
      (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338574/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)

      Happy holidays to everyone. And remember, if you are interested in going to
      Unity Games on January 26th , I am able to accept $12 prepays until
      January 15th. Admission at the door will be $30.

      -Matt

    • J Oliveira
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2012
        Matt , I am new to boardgames and I live in Framingham , how can I find out more about Frags ?? I would like to know when do you guys meet and how often , I work most days of the week so I am looking to find some gamers to play on the weekends if possible , thanks !!!

        J Oliveira