Re: Unity Games 2013 - any preliminary word yet?

  • Michael Tutt
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
      What is the venue? I need to book rooms and would like to find something convenient.

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Blum" <tool@...> wrote:

      > > The title says it all.
      >
      > Yes, Adam sent this to the list back in July:
      >
      > "Unity Games 19 will take place from 9 AM to Midnight on Saturday January 26, 2013 in Danvers, MA.
      >
      > We're going to wait until the fall to update the website and start collecting pre-payment for attend
      > ance.
      >
      > So those of you who need advance notice to make travel plans or to get time off from work, you've go
      > t exactly 6 months advance notice.
      >
      > Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
      >
      > -Adam
      > For the UG Steerage Committee"
      >

      > --
      > Dan Blum tool@...
      > "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."

    • Tery Noseworthy
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
        It's at the Doubletree by Hilton in Danvers.

        DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers,
        Massachusetts, 01923, USA TEL: 1-978-777-2500

        (for those of you that know the area it was formerly the Sheraton Ferncroft
        and is right next to Coco Key Water resort).

        Tery

        On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Michael Tutt <michael.tutt@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > What is the venue? I need to book rooms and would like to find something
        > convenient.
        >
        > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Blum" <tool@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > > The title says it all.
        > >
        > > Yes, Adam sent this to the list back in July:
        > >
        > > "Unity Games 19 will take place from 9 AM to Midnight on Saturday
        > January 26, 2013 in Danvers, MA.
        > >
        > > We're going to wait until the fall to update the website and start
        > collecting pre-payment for attend
        > > ance.
        > >
        > > So those of you who need advance notice to make travel plans or to get
        > time off from work, you've go
        > > t exactly 6 months advance notice.
        > >
        > > Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
        > >
        > > -Adam
        > > For the UG Steerage Committee"
        > >

        > > --
        > > Dan Blum tool@...
        > > "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."

        --
        "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

      • Lynda Shea
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
          Thanks Tery! Is there a discount code we should be supplying for the room block?

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Nov 5, 2012, at 7:01 AM, Tery Noseworthy <nosegamer@...> wrote:

          > It's at the Doubletree by Hilton in Danvers.
          >
          > DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers,
          > Massachusetts, 01923, USA TEL: 1-978-777-2500
          >

          > (for those of you that know the area it was formerly the Sheraton Ferncroft
          > and is right next to Coco Key Water resort).
          >
          > Tery
          >
          > On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Michael Tutt <michael.tutt@...>wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> What is the venue? I need to book rooms and would like to find something
          >> convenient.

          >>> Yes, Adam sent this to the list back in July:
          >>>
          >>> "Unity Games 19 will take place from 9 AM to Midnight on Saturday
          >> January 26, 2013 in Danvers, MA.
          >>>
          >>> We're going to wait until the fall to update the website and start
          >> collecting pre-payment for attend
          >>> ance.
          >>>
          >>> So those of you who need advance notice to make travel plans or to get
          >> time off from work, you've go
          >>> t exactly 6 months advance notice.
          >>>
          >>> Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
          >>>
          >>> -Adam
          >>> For the UG Steerage Committee"
          >>>

          >>> --
          >>> Dan Blum tool@...
          >>> "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."
          >

          > --
          > "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

        • Adam Smiles
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
            We'll have the details available soon. Just ironing out some technical details on the website and then we'll have all the info available, as well as starting to collect pre-pays for UG19.