Framingcon Wrap-up

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2012
      Attendees:

      Aaron F, Aaron M, AJ, Amanda, Arlene, Austin, Ben R, Bill K, Brian H, Bruce
      R, Bruce S, Cheryl, Christine, Dan B, Dave H, David K, Della, Doug O,
      Emannuelle, Frank, Gary, George, Gregory, Jeff, Jerry, Joe M, Joe R, John C,
      John E, Judy, Karl, Karyn, Kimberly, Laurie, Lynda, Marc D, Marc M, Mark K,
      Marty, Mary Anne, Mike C, Morocco, Naha, Nate, Neil, Nick, Nora, Paul,
      Paul L, Paul R, Perry, Pete, Randy, Rob, Robin, Ronald, Ryan, Seth, Shai,
      Sharon, Vitas, Wanda, and me.

      Special thanks to AJ, Neil (sorry if I spelled it wrong - at least I know I
      spelled AJ right) and Team Hull Breach for the game demo and best of luck
      with the kickstarter launch. Thanks also to Marc and Arlene for manning the
      grill, George for picking up the propane tank, Rob for another fun party
      game (and congratulations to me for winning), and everyone involved for the
      birthday gifts and cakes for me on Friday and Randy on Saturday.

      We seem to be settling into a pattern of around 25 people on Friday, 50 on
      Saturday, and just over 20 on Sunday. As a bonus on Sunday we got to see
      the Patriots beat the Jets (giving them hope and then pulling it away seems
      to have been even better than a blowout, as Miami got to do that today -
      sorry, Melissa )

      Lots of games were played, ranging from party games like Celebrities and
      Wise and Otherwise, old favorites such as Shadow Hunters, 7 Wonders, and
      Ascension, heavy strategy including Eclipse, and some new games including
      Zombies at Your Heels, and Gauntlet of Fools. I still was not able to get anyone
      to try Tentacle Bento, but it will be coming out at FRAGS one of these
      weeks.

      Unfortunately one of the BUZZ dongles crapped out right in the middle of a
      game (I wish they still made these as I had to pay $50 on Ebay to get a
      replacement), but the theater was in use for BUZZ, Rock Band, the party game,
      and a couple of movies.

      While a few regulars were missing, there were some new faces. Hopefully
      we'll be seeing some of them again either at the next Framingcon in February,
      or at the regular Thursday night FRAGS which continues to meet every
      Thursday night. I hope all who attended enjoyed themselves as much as I did,

      That's it for now. I hope to see many of you in the coming weeks at FRAGS
      or the Tuesday night movies. Also, I will start collecting money soon for
      the next Unity Games at the end of January. Remember, you can save a few
      dollars by pre-paying.

      As always, feel free to email me for more info on FRAGS, movies,
      FRAMINGCON, or other events I host, or just come on by. All events are open to
      members of MENSA, Unity Games, and Meet-up.

      -Matt