Arisia open call for GMs and gaming update

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2012
      Hello everyone. Bill from Tabletop Gaming writing. If you are or were planning to run a game at Arisia this January then I ask you please read this post from top to bottom as there are some changes this time around.

      If you are interested in running a game at Arisia, be it RPG, Board, or Card, the sign-up sheet is available on the Arisia website at www.arisia.org.
      Hover over Program on the bar at the top and you'll see gaming-sign up as the bottom option. Fill that out and I'll handle the rest to get you set up.

      Do not wait long, however, to do so. Due to a rules change from last year, anyone wishing to run a game and receive a comp for 2013 must do the following:

      Game(s) must total 4 hours worth of time
      4 people must play during said time
      The deadline to submit a game for a comp to the upcoming Arisia is November 25th.

      Anyone that submits a game later than November 25th can still do so but the time spent running/demoing the game would count towards normal volunteer time, which is 12 hours to earn a comp to 2014.

      Anyone who's been to Arisia will tell you that getting four people for four hours worth of games over the weekend is an easy task, so I wouldn't worry much about that, but the deadline, alas, I cannot change or make exceptions to.

      If you have questions, you can email arisia.tabletop.@... or you can email me directly.

      Please note that CCGs and Miniatures are being handled by two different stores, so please do not submit games for either of those genres (the stores will put out a call on their own to known GMs, if any).

      Gaming will have a library of games you can check out to play (you will need a badge number to check out a game), some old favorites, some new favorites, and games for all skill levels and interests.
      Want to play a game but came in alone? Not a problem. Check out the game, hold it up whilst standing at the Point of No Return, and people will come to you.
      You asked for it and you got it. Miniatures will make their debut at Arisia in 2013.
      Lots of other good stuff coming as well. Hope to see you there.