Unity Games 2013 - any preliminary word yet?

  • markgravitygood
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
      The title says it all.
    • Dan Blum
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012

        > The title says it all.

        Yes, Adam sent this to the list back in July:

        "Unity Games 19 will take place from 9 AM to Midnight on Saturday January 26, 2013 in Danvers, MA.

        We're going to wait until the fall to update the website and start collecting pre-payment for attend
        ance.

        So those of you who need advance notice to make travel plans or to get time off from work, you've go
        t exactly 6 months advance notice.

        Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

        -Adam
        For the UG Steerage Committee"

        Dan Blum tool@...
      • markgravitygood
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
          Awesome. It's now twice as far away. Guh. Should I assume it's at a cheaper venue and the price will reflect this or am I smokin' sumtin'?

          :)

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Blum" <tool@...> wrote:

          > > The title says it all.
          >
          > Yes, Adam sent this to the list back in July:
          >
          > "Unity Games 19 will take place from 9 AM to Midnight on Saturday January 26, 2013 in Danvers, MA.
          >
          > We're going to wait until the fall to update the website and start collecting pre-payment for attend
          > ance.
          >
          > So those of you who need advance notice to make travel plans or to get time off from work, you've go
          > t exactly 6 months advance notice.
          >
          > Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
          >
          > -Adam
          > For the UG Steerage Committee"
          >

          > --
          > Dan Blum tool@...
          > "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."

        • Dan Blum
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012

            > Awesome. It's now twice as far away. Guh. Should I assume it's at a cheaper venue and the price will reflect this or am I smokin' sumtin'?

            It's a LARGER venue, which is the key point. The Woburn Hilton was getting
            very cramped.

            Dan Blum tool@...
          • markgravitygood
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2012
              Then, that is terrific!

              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Blum" <tool@...> wrote:

              > > Awesome. It's now twice as far away. Guh. Should I assume it's at a cheaper venue and the price will reflect this or am I smokin' sumtin'?
              > >

              > It's a LARGER venue, which is the key point. The Woburn Hilton was getting
              > very cramped.
              >
              > --
              > Dan Blum tool@...
              > "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."

            • Michael Tutt
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
                What is the venue? I need to book rooms and would like to find something convenient.

                --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Blum" <tool@...> wrote:

                > > The title says it all.
                >
                > Yes, Adam sent this to the list back in July:
                >
                > "Unity Games 19 will take place from 9 AM to Midnight on Saturday January 26, 2013 in Danvers, MA.
                >
                > We're going to wait until the fall to update the website and start collecting pre-payment for attend
                > ance.
                >
                > So those of you who need advance notice to make travel plans or to get time off from work, you've go
                > t exactly 6 months advance notice.
                >
                > Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
                >
                > -Adam
                > For the UG Steerage Committee"
                >

                > --
                > Dan Blum tool@...
                > "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."

              • Tery Noseworthy
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                  It's at the Doubletree by Hilton in Danvers.

                  DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers,
                  Massachusetts, 01923, USA TEL: 1-978-777-2500

                  (for those of you that know the area it was formerly the Sheraton Ferncroft
                  and is right next to Coco Key Water resort).

                  Tery

                  On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Michael Tutt <michael.tutt@...>wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > What is the venue? I need to book rooms and would like to find something
                  > convenient.
                  >
                  > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Blum" <tool@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > The title says it all.
                  > >
                  > > Yes, Adam sent this to the list back in July:
                  > >
                  > > "Unity Games 19 will take place from 9 AM to Midnight on Saturday
                  > January 26, 2013 in Danvers, MA.
                  > >
                  > > We're going to wait until the fall to update the website and start
                  > collecting pre-payment for attend
                  > > ance.
                  > >
                  > > So those of you who need advance notice to make travel plans or to get
                  > time off from work, you've go
                  > > t exactly 6 months advance notice.
                  > >
                  > > Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
                  > >
                  > > -Adam
                  > > For the UG Steerage Committee"
                  > >

                  > > --
                  > > Dan Blum tool@...
                  > > "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."

                  --
                  "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

                • Lynda Shea
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                    Thanks Tery! Is there a discount code we should be supplying for the room block?

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Nov 5, 2012, at 7:01 AM, Tery Noseworthy <nosegamer@...> wrote:

                    > It's at the Doubletree by Hilton in Danvers.
                    >
                    > DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore 50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers,
                    > Massachusetts, 01923, USA TEL: 1-978-777-2500
                    >

                    > (for those of you that know the area it was formerly the Sheraton Ferncroft
                    > and is right next to Coco Key Water resort).
                    >
                    > Tery
                    >
                    > On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Michael Tutt <michael.tutt@...>wrote:
                    >
                    >> **
                    >>

                    >> What is the venue? I need to book rooms and would like to find something
                    >> convenient.

                    >>> Yes, Adam sent this to the list back in July:
                    >>>
                    >>> "Unity Games 19 will take place from 9 AM to Midnight on Saturday
                    >> January 26, 2013 in Danvers, MA.
                    >>>
                    >>> We're going to wait until the fall to update the website and start
                    >> collecting pre-payment for attend
                    >>> ance.
                    >>>
                    >>> So those of you who need advance notice to make travel plans or to get
                    >> time off from work, you've go
                    >>> t exactly 6 months advance notice.
                    >>>
                    >>> Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
                    >>>
                    >>> -Adam
                    >>> For the UG Steerage Committee"
                    >>>

                    >>> --
                    >>> Dan Blum tool@...
                    >>> "I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."
                    >

                    > --
                    > "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

                  • Adam Smiles
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                      We'll have the details available soon. Just ironing out some technical details on the website and then we'll have all the info available, as well as starting to collect pre-pays for UG19.