Framingcon Reminder - October 19th - 21st Gaming / Movies / and more

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2012
      So we are only 3 weeks away from the next Framingcon and nobody has
      volunteered to run the Saturday night party game, which means I will have to do
      it myself. Start thinking about the 100 worst movies, loudest scream queens,
      obscure Canadian and Australian TV shows, and home made Cosmic Encounter
      and Ascension cards :)

      For Saturday night I'm hoping the weather will cooperate and let us grill
      outside as I do not want to repeat the fire alarm incident yet again. Some
      help with the cooking will be appreciated. Now that I am working, there is
      less time to get things done, but I should still be able to get the chili
      ready on Thursday night (even if it means taking a break from FRAGS that
      night).

      Some of the recent Tuesday night movies have had sparse attendance but were
      quite good, so I'll run a few of them during the weekend. The theater will
      also be available throughout the weekend for BUZZ and ROCK BAND.

      My current new game order is still being held up by the delay for the new
      Ascension expansion, but if it is not out by the 15th I'll have the rest of
      the order shipped which includes the new Garden Gnomes trick taking game.
      Recent arrivals include Battle Beyond Space, Pittsburgh 68 (a really crazy
      zombie game that plays up to 13 people), Little Dead Riding Hood (Somebody
      is going to play this with me), Mondo, the Cities expansion for 7 Wonders,
      and the 2nd expansion for Cards Against Humanity.

      For some reason, this event is not listed in the October BEACON, but it is
      on the MENSA online Calendar. As always, it is open to all members of
      FRAGS, Unity Games, MENSA, and Meetup.

      The festivities start at 7:30 on Friday the 19th and run through at least
      midnight on Sunday. There is plenty of room for people to stay over (even
      more than usual as a couple of regular overnight guests are unable to make it
      this time). As always, dinner is provided Saturday night. In addition to
      the Saturday night party game, there will likely be poker tournament.

      If time permits me to get organized, I will have a bunch of games and
      movies set aside for trade or purchase. I really need to start getting rid of
      some of the older stuff to make room for the new.

      One more update will follow. In the meantime, if you want more information
      on this event, FRAGS on Thursdays, movie night on Tuesday, or Patriots
      games in the theater on Sundays, feel free to write.

      -Matt