Next Framingcon October 19th - 21st, Sunday Patriots games, and more

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2012
      Save the date - the next Framingcon weekend will take place the weekend of
      October 19th - 21st at my house in Framingham. As always, we will start
      Friday night at 7:30 and run through midnight or so on Sunday night.

      Dinner will be provided on Saturday - if it's warm enough (and I remember
      to get propane for the grill), we'll cook outside, otherwise I'll try really
      hard not to set off the smoke detectors again...

      The extra roommate will be gone by then and once again there will be plenty
      of room for people to stay over.

      The weekend will feature gaming, movies, and a Saturday night party game
      (anyone want to volunteer to run it??) It's also my birthday on the Friday
      night, so there may be some other surprises.

      Many more details will follow soon.

      In other news, the Patriot's season starts next Sunday. All are invited to
      join me in the theater to watch the games. As of now I plan to do this for
      all Sunday games. If you want to check on a specific game, feel free to
      email me before coming by.

      Also, I have a couple of rare duplicate things I have managed to get two
      copies of and wanted to offer them here first before I put them up on Ebay.

      Situation 4 is a Parker Brothers competitive jigsaw puzzle building game
      from the 1960's. I paid over $35 for my first copy, but managed to find a
      second much cheaper at a flea market. I'd like to get some of my money back,
      so if anyone wants the second copy for $15 you can have it. One yellow flag
      has been replaced by a replica, but this is totally irrelevant to game play.

      Todd and the Book of Pure Evil is one of the funniest TV shows I have ever
      seen. Season 2 is only available in Canada, and due to a miscommunication,
      two friends both got it for me. It is new and shrinkwrapped, and I will
      sell it at my cost (around $25 - I'll have the exact figure in the next couple
      of days). I also have an extra copy of season 1 I will sell for $15.

      Movie night continues every Tuesday night. The preshow starts at 7:00, the
      movie at 8:00. The current movie is announced Sunday night (or Monday
      morning when I get lazy). If you want to be added to the separate distribution
      list for this, please let me know.

      FRAGS (Framingham Gamers) runs every Thursday at 7:30. Though the summer
      has been a bit slow, we are still averaging about 15 people a week. Feel free
      to come by.

      These events are open to all members of MENSA, Unity Games, Meetup,
      friends, and friends of friends.

      That's it for now. I had a computer crash and have finally tried to
      reconstruct my address book. I'm pretty sure that everyone who asked to be
      removed from this list has been - if not I apologize. Please let me know if you
      do not want to keep getting these updates.

      I hope to see many of you in October for the weekend if not before.

      -Matt