Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Volunteering Help for Unity Games19

  • Tery Noseworthy
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 27, 2012
      Thanks, Das Ninha, but this is not our first rodeo. For what we are
      arranging and what we are paying, we are bound by the requirements of the
      hotel we are using. The PA system at the new hotel seems to be an
      improvement and until it is proven not to be there is no reason to incur
      additional costs or go to extra trouble. No one on the UG Steering
      Committee is interested in working with outside caterers, either. The food
      provided has always been adequate, and attendees also have option of bring
      small amounts of food for personal use from home, using one of the hotel
      restaurants or going somewhere else for food. The primary purpose of the
      event is gaming. I book a lot of conferences for work and have been
      involved in other conventions, and I've only ever seen one place that would
      let you bring in outside food, anyway.

      Teyr

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 27, 2012
        when is UnityGames19 being held and where? Thanks! Zeppo

        Zeppo Young
        Zo� Faye Foundation
        Managing Director
        (774) 482-0592

      • Tery Noseworthy
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 27, 2012
          January 26, 2013 in Danvers at the CoCoKey Hotel and Water Resort (formerly
          the Sheraton Ferncroft for those of you the area - and apparently soon to
          be a Doubletree).

          Tery

          --
          "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

        • Zeppo Young
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 27, 2012
            Thanks Terry. What's the possiblity of NSB Games coming along to set up a
            demo table to show their game hull breach!

            Best,

            Zeppo

            Zoë Faye Foundation
            Managing Director
            (774) 482-0592

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 27, 2012
              You can negotiate this - typically as long as you have one of their
              people check out the installation and make sure it works they're cool
              (my wife is involved in organizing doll conventions and this has been a
              big issue for them over the past few years).