Re: Gaming in NH this Sat & Sun (was Re: [Unity_Games] Geeklist )for the Summer Sizzler

  • Randy Brown
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 22, 2012
      It was good to meet you.  I've gamed with several groups in the area, but LeMarshalate is my favorite.  There's also a gathering at Eric's house in Merrimac today.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 22, 2012
        There is also open gaming every Sunday afternoon and Tuesday evening at Toys N Things in Danvers MA (http://www.facebook.com/ToysNThingsDanvers) You can bring your favorite game or play one of the games in the store library. TnT also supports the North of Boston Board, Card and Dice Games Meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/boardgame/) It's a good site to find other local boardgamers in Northern MA/Southern NH.

        On 7/20/2012 11:15 PM, Jeff Michaud wrote:
        > Saturday in Salem NH (across the border from Methuen MA)
        > 1pm til midnight
        > http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/804577
        > (this one is every 3rd Saturday of the month)

        Thanks Jeff, I'd forgotten about Le Marshalate. I went there once when
        they played in Nashua.

        --
        Scott

        `-- c8 ]

        Groups Links

      • punkin312
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 22, 2012
          I Saw that posting on meetup- I will definitely have to come to that sometime... Ron is buying Eclipse online right now! Haha I guess we will be playing more of that now! Are there any other strategy game nights other then those two once a month that you would recommend? Thanks!

          Steph

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 22, 2012
            Currently, I game at Myriad (Manch) on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.  As I told you at the LM meeting, the Myriad Tuesday group is going through a transition and may be moving to Double Midnight Comics.  We're currently trying to set up a game of Eclipse for next Tuesday at 6:30p (location TBD).  We may also play Shogun afterwards.  Thursdays are more settled.  I've joined a Descent league that meets 7p at Myriad.  I host Pint Night on most Fridays.  As the name implies, beer plays a role, but it's also another excuse to game.  I live in West Manch.  I can email you the address if you're ever in the mood to head up this way (open invite).  The LM folks have another regular gathering on the first Saturday of each month in Henniker, which would be quite a hike for you.  I'll be hosting some BBQ gaming events in the coming weeks.  I may also organize a session of Advanced Civilization for sometime in August (it would be a shame to let Summer go
            by without trying to get another game of Civ down).  It's not the new Sid Meier board game, but rather the original board game that inspired (according to the settlement) the computer game.  It runs 8-12 hours.  That's all I got for now.  Let me know if you two are free sometime, and I'll let you know where I'll be gaming (that also goes for anyone else on the UG list that wants to travel to Manch).

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 22, 2012
              Oh, I forgot to mention the Nashua Meetup group.  They have some regular events (Monday and Saturdays, I believe).  I used to go to the Monday events.  Friendly people; they tended to play lighter Euros.  Eric's thing is on that Meetup as well.  I just got back from that, and I had a great time.  I played Eminent Domain, Resistance (7 times or so), Descent, and Tempus.

              ________________________________
              Currently, I game at Myriad (Manch) on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.  As I told you at the LM meeting, the Myriad Tuesday group is going through a transition and may be moving to Double Midnight Comics.  We're currently trying to set up a game of Eclipse for next Tuesday at 6:30p (location TBD).  We may also play Shogun afterwards.  Thursdays are more settled.  I've joined a Descent league that meets 7p at Myriad.  I host Pint Night on most Fridays.  As the name implies, beer plays a role, but it's also another excuse to game.  I live in West Manch.  I can email you the address if you're ever in the mood to head up this way (open invite).  The LM folks have another regular gathering on the first Saturday of each month in Henniker, which would be quite a hike for you.  I'll be hosting some BBQ gaming events in the coming weeks.  I may also organize a session of Advanced Civilization for sometime in August (it would be a shame to let Summer go
              by without trying to get another game of Civ down).  It's not the new Sid Meier board game, but rather the original board game that inspired (according to the settlement) the computer game.  It runs 8-12 hours.  That's all I got for now.  Let me know if you two are free sometime, and I'll let you know where I'll be gaming (that also goes for anyone else on the UG list that wants to travel to Manch).

              ________________________________
              I Saw that posting on meetup- I will definitely have to come to that sometime... Ron is buying Eclipse online right now! Haha I guess we will be playing more of that now! Are there any other strategy game nights other then those two once a month that you would recommend? Thanks!

              Steph

              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Randy Brown <discoking7@...> wrote:

              > It was good to meet you.  I've gamed with several groups in the area, but LeMarshalate is my favorite.  There's also a gathering at Eric's house in Merrimac today.

              > ________________________________

            • Joe J. Rushanan
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 22, 2012
                Steph,

                Wow, I guess that means you both really liked Eclipse. And congrats again
                on winning. It was great meeting you and Ron.

                JoeJ

                --
                Joe J. Rushanan "Board Gamers Never Are"

              • punkin312
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 23, 2012
                  Thanks Joe! Yeah Ron really loved it! I am excited to play more... get to fighting! I am a little cut throat ;-) Thank you so much for teaching it to us! I get really addicted to games... i will probably end up buying every game I ever try. then have a collection like yours!

                  -Steph