Axis and Allies board games

  • eric_sazama
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 17, 2012
      Hey all,

      I am looking for people to play Axis and Allies 1940 Global with the Alpha 3.9 rules. Hit me up at xkennyrogersx@... if interested.
    • zergling110187
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 17, 2012
        I have a new-er copy of Axis and Allies I have yet to play with. Where you located at?

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "eric_sazama" <eric_sazama@...> wrote:

        > Hey all,
        >
        > I am looking for people to play Axis and Allies 1940 Global with the Alpha 3.9 rules. Hit me up at xkennyrogersx@... if interested.

      • felinus2011
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 18, 2012
          I also love Axis & Allies. I normally play the Anniversary Edition in
          1942. But I would be happy to play any version. Where are you guys
          located? I am in Sudbury, MA.
          Would love to try the 1940 new rules.
          I also printed the Anniversary Edition 1942 Map in a 7' x 4' format and
          would like to give it some use. Link to Picture of the map
          <https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jssUXBNIU6YEgKP5n6n2itMTjNZETYmyP\
          Jy0liipFm0?feat=directlink> .

          wrote:

          > Hey all,
          >
          > I am looking for people to play Axis and Allies 1940 Global with the
          Alpha 3.9 rules. Hit me up at xkennyrogersx@... if interested.

        • Eric Sazama
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 19, 2012
            Hey,

            I live in Brookline. I am open to playing any version really, 1940 is the biggest and thus most time consuming (it has a 6 foot board and you can play Germany, Italy, UK, Russia, US, China, Australia/New Zealand, Japan) It is certainly a time investment but as far as epic strategy games goes its the best. Ideally id like to get a group of people together on a some what semi/regular basis.

            -Eric

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 19, 2012
              Hey,

              I live in Brookline. I am deffinately open to playing any version, I think 1940 is amazing though (I am a sucker for being able to play Italy or Australia/New Zealand). The one guy i was playing 1940 with moved away so now i am just looking for some people. Ideally i'd like to play on a semi-regular basis, schedules permitting.

              -Eric

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 19, 2012
                > It is certainly a time investment but as far as epic
                > strategy games goes its the best.

                Speaking of the best epic strategy game, does anyone here play EIA? I'd love to learn that game and eventually try the Grand Campaign scenario.

                Scott

                `-- c8 ]
              • William
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 19, 2012
                  > Speaking of the best epic strategy game, does anyone here play EIA? > I'd love to learn that game and eventually try the Grand Campaign > > scenario.
                  >
                  > Scott

                  I spent many years playing EiA (Empires in Arms) on line and FtF. I've actually finished two on line campaign games and two or three FtF games (the latter taking more time than the Napoleonic wars!). It is a great game, but you really need to have 7 players who are willing to commit a day a month for 18months or so to finish it. Note also that the game has been nicknamed empires-in-arguments because of the complexity of the rules, the lack of an authoritative voice to resolve rules questions, and, at least some would say, a great deal of ambiguity in the rules as written.
                  If there are 7 interested people I could host a monthly game at my house in JP. I have the room and the table to set it up on. Short of that I have become somewhat enamored of Command and Colors Napoleonics and have been working on a campaign generator for CaCN that uses the Iberian scenario from EiA. The scenarios are a good way to learn the combat system, but lack the main element that makes the grand campaign game so interesting -- diplomacy.
                  And speaking of epic strategy games, is there a group around here that plays World in Flames? I've got the game set up in the gameroom right now and have been teaching myself the rules by working through the Barbarossa and Guadalcanal "mini" games. I imagine it would go a lot faster if I could play with someone who had some experience.
                  -- Bill Dickens

                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, sromanowski@... wrote:

                  > > It is certainly a time investment but as far as epic
                  > > strategy games goes its the best.
                  >

                  > `-- c8 ]

                • eric_sazama
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 19, 2012
                    Bill, i would deff get in on that if you get something going (i have never played any of those games but am a pretty quick learner), i'd still like to get a monthly (or so) game of Global 1940 Axis and Allies.

                  • sromanowski@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 19, 2012
                      "William" <wtdickens@...>
                      > It is a great game, but you really need to have 7 players who are willing to
                      > commit a day a month for 18months or so to finish it.

                      Have you tried VASSAL? There is an EIA module.

                      > If there are 7 interested people I could host a monthly game at my
                      > house in JP. I have the room and the table to set it up on.

                      I'd like to play some of the short scenarios first, to learn the system.

                      Scott

                      `-- c8 ]