Re: [Unity_Games] New Member

  • pldr
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 13, 2012
      Battleground Games in Plainville has game days on the 1st Tuesday and
      the 2nd Wednesday each month. Also, there is a smaller version of
      Totalcon in Mansfield on the 22nd. Watch the Unity Game list for
      details on there.

      Pete de Rosa

      ----------
      From: zergling110187 <zergling110187@...>
      To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Unity_Games] New Member
      Date: Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:00 AM

      Hey all of you unity gamers, my name is Mack and I just joined.

      I primarily joined because as of late I have found myself
      disillusioned with other forms of entertainment and have picked up
      board games and card games.

      I own Twilight Imperium, Small World, Axis and Allies, and my old
      ratty copy of Monopoly. I also have Cthulhu Munchkin. I plan to
      expand these over the comings weeks and months with board games. I
      also play Magic: the Gathering.

      Are there any gamers in the Northern RI area? I am in Woonsocket.
    • sailormes
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 22, 2012
        Hiya Mack!

        I just joined myself and wanted to extend an invitation to you. At 5-Wits in Foxboro (just over the MA line, but I know we have employees that come from Woonsocket) we host a bi-weekly game night every second and 4th Thursday of the month to let people try out the various games we sell in the gift shop. The next one is coming up on 7/26 if you've got some free time!

        ~megan

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "zergling110187" <zergling110187@...> wrote:

        > Hey all of you unity gamers, my name is Mack and I just joined.
        >
        > I primarily joined because as of late I have found myself disillusioned with other forms of entertainment and have picked up board games and card games.
        >
        > I own Twilight Imperium, Small World, Axis and Allies, and my old ratty copy of Monopoly. I also have Cthulhu Munchkin. I plan to expand these over the comings weeks and months with board games. I also play Magic: the Gathering.
        >
        > Are there any gamers in the Northern RI area? I am in Woonsocket.

      • patrick_twitchell
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1 9:46 AM
          Hi, wow! Welcome to Unity Games, Slash!
          I'm a huge fan, and it's always great to find out when your favorite celebrity is also a geek too!
          What do you do with your snake while you are playing boardgames?
          Please tell Axel and the boys I said hello.
          Cheers!

          (Sorry, I couldn't resist) :)

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "slashonline0" <ihakki@...> wrote:

          > Hey all,
          >
          > My name is Slash and I've just joined this list and wanted to
          > introduce myself. I live in western Mass (Northampton) and have been an
          > avid player of board games, card games, video games, RPGs, and every
          > other kind of game I can think of for as long as I can remember. I've
          > been working on my own board game recently and currently have it in the
          > later stages of playtesting. The game is called Salah Ad-Din and has
          > players take the role of princes of middle eastern cities fighting off
          > the crusaders. I've playtested it with several groups of varying sizes
          > and with both casual and hardcore gamers and have generally received
          > very positive feedback. I would very much like to bring it to UNITY
          > GAMES XIV and have people give me some more feedback. I think by that
          > stage I will be more in a Demo mode than a playtest mode. Is there a
          > specific procedure I need to follow to put it on the schedule? Is there
          > someone specific I can contact to see if that would be possible?
          >
          > Thank you,
          > Slash

        • Jesse
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
            Hey everyone! My name is Jesse Stern. I am a game designer currently doing an internship at Arcane Wonders and attending The University of Rochester. I haven't been part of a Yahoo group before so I am not entirely sure how this works, but hopefully I will figure it out and we can all have a great time discussing games =D.

            Best,
            Jesse