Re: New member

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 10, 2012
      Hi Steph,

      You should also check out the Suburban Outcast Gamers Yahoo Group:

      This offshoot of the Unity Games group is concentrated in the northern and northwestern suburbs. One member hosts mosts Monday nights in Westford. Another hosts most Saturday nights in North Andover. Both of those groups play a variety of games.

      Ron

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "punkin312" <punkin312@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone!
      >
      > My name is Steph. I am looking to get more into the gaming scene. Does anyone know of any good locations to meet up and play games in the Andover, MA area. I travel from Bedford, MA to Andover all the time and into Salem NH.
      >
      > I am really into Strategy games like Arkham and Civilization (has one played Civ the board game?). I am really looking to play Civ more but there are just so few people interested in playing it that it is hard to play as much as I would like! Haha- anyways I am also really into 7 Wonders (who isnt), catan, dominion and carcassonne. So many games I don't know that I would like to know as well. I love to learn more about what other like to play. Look forward to the group. Thank you!

    • punkin312
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 10, 2012
        Hi Ron,

        I will definitely do that! Westford and Andover are definitely my area! Thank you for the invite!

        Steph

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 10, 2012
          > 2010 Sid Meier's Civilization the Board game by Fantasy Flight Games

          I didn't realize there were so many! I definitely have been playing the FF Game. <3 Fantasy Flight!
        • IGiveIn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 10, 2012
            Yep. The HObby Bunker in Malden is open late (closing the registers at
            8 but keeping the gaming area open until 10 PM or all gamers leave,
            whichever comes first) on Thursdays and from 11-5 on Saturdays for
            open or planned gaming.

            There's a place in out near Andover that has twice-a-month games -
            Battegrounds, I think?

            Up in Danvers, Toys-N-Things usually has Sunday boardgames (they
            preempted it twice for D&DNext playtests it seems).

            Many game stores in the Boston area host game nights. If you live near
            Jamaica Plain, JP Comics and Games is the hub for a lot of board gaming
            that goes on in the JP area. Keep watching this list and you will see
            several announcements of gaming at a number of places around Boston. --
            Bill D.