Re: [Unity_Games] Re: New member

  • Craig B
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 9, 2012
      I recommend trying Through The Ages. It's a great Civ building game.

      Also, for places to play, check out Myriad Games in Salem, NH.

    • William Dickens
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 9, 2012
        Many game stores in the Boston area host game nights. If you live near
        Jamaica Plain, JP Comics and Games is the hub for a lot of board gaming
        that goes on in the JP area. Keep watching this list and you will see
        several announcements of gaming at a number of places around Boston. --
        Bill D.

        On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM, punkin312 <punkin312@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hey everyone!
        >
        > My name is Steph. I am looking to get more into the gaming scene. Does
        > anyone know of any good locations to meet up and play games in the Andover,
        > MA area. I travel from Bedford, MA to Andover all the time and into Salem
        > NH.
        >
        > I am really into Strategy games like Arkham and Civilization (has one
        > played Civ the board game?). I am really looking to play Civ more but there
        > are just so few people interested in playing it that it is hard to play as
        > much as I would like! Haha- anyways I am also really into 7 Wonders (who
        > isnt), catan, dominion and carcassonne. So many games I don't know that I
        > would like to know as well. I love to learn more about what other like to
        > play. Look forward to the group. Thank you!

      • Craig B
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 9, 2012

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 9, 2012
            I recommend trying Through The Ages. It's a great Civ building game.

            Also, for places to play, check out Myriad Games in Salem, NH.

          • Michael Taylor
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 9, 2012
              +1 for Myriad, though I'm not certain whens a good night for open gaming
              (Tuesdays maybe?)

              On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Craig B <gilby123@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I recommend trying Through The Ages. It's a great Civ building game.
              >
              > Also, for places to play, check out Myriad Games in Salem, NH.

            • Ron
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 10, 2012
                Hi Steph,

                You should also check out the Suburban Outcast Gamers Yahoo Group:

                This offshoot of the Unity Games group is concentrated in the northern and northwestern suburbs. One member hosts mosts Monday nights in Westford. Another hosts most Saturday nights in North Andover. Both of those groups play a variety of games.

                Ron

                --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "punkin312" <punkin312@...> wrote:

                > Hey everyone!
                >
                > My name is Steph. I am looking to get more into the gaming scene. Does anyone know of any good locations to meet up and play games in the Andover, MA area. I travel from Bedford, MA to Andover all the time and into Salem NH.
                >
                > I am really into Strategy games like Arkham and Civilization (has one played Civ the board game?). I am really looking to play Civ more but there are just so few people interested in playing it that it is hard to play as much as I would like! Haha- anyways I am also really into 7 Wonders (who isnt), catan, dominion and carcassonne. So many games I don't know that I would like to know as well. I love to learn more about what other like to play. Look forward to the group. Thank you!

              • punkin312
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 10, 2012
                  Hi Ron,

                  I will definitely do that! Westford and Andover are definitely my area! Thank you for the invite!

                  Steph

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 10, 2012
                    > 2010 Sid Meier's Civilization the Board game by Fantasy Flight Games

                    I didn't realize there were so many! I definitely have been playing the FF Game. <3 Fantasy Flight!
                  • IGiveIn@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 10, 2012
                      Yep. The HObby Bunker in Malden is open late (closing the registers at
                      8 but keeping the gaming area open until 10 PM or all gamers leave,
                      whichever comes first) on Thursdays and from 11-5 on Saturdays for
                      open or planned gaming.

                      There's a place in out near Andover that has twice-a-month games -
                      Battegrounds, I think?

                      Up in Danvers, Toys-N-Things usually has Sunday boardgames (they
                      preempted it twice for D&DNext playtests it seems).