New Member Intro

  • bigmoose316
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2012
      Hi, my name is Wendy Huang and I just joined this listserv. I'm located in Cambridge, MA, near Fresh Pond. My favorite games include: Carcassonne, Race for the Galaxy, Dominion, 7 Wonders. We own a bunch of other games too. I mostly play with my husband, after the kids are in bed, so most of our games only need 2 players and take less than 1 hour. Although I know of several game groups in the area, I'm not sure how to participate in one because I have young kids (age 2 and 5) and babysitting is expensive. I would love to start or join a game group for other couples with young kids but not sure how to make this work. If anyone on this list has figured out some practical solutions, please let me know! Of course, I can't wait for the kids to be old enough so they can join in. My five year old sort of knows how to play Carcassonne and we also have a few Ravensburger games for kids. -Wendy
    • photocurio
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 18, 2012
        Hi Wendy,
        the solution is to find another couple with kids, and have them over. The kids play with toys, or watch movies, and the grownups play games. My boys are grown up, so I can't help.. good luck!
      • Dan Blum
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 18, 2012

          > Hi, my name is Wendy Huang and I just joined this listserv. I'm located in Cambridge, MA, near Fresh Pond. My favorite games include: Carcassonne, Race for the Galaxy, Dominion, 7 Wonders. We own a bunch of other games too. I mostly play with my husband, after the kids are in bed, so most of our games only need 2 players and take less than 1 hour. Although I know of several game groups in the area, I'm not sure how to participate in one because I have young kids (age 2 and 5) and babysitting is expensive. I would love to start or join a game group for other couples with young kids but not sure how to make this work. If anyone on this list has figured out some practical solutions, please let me know! Of course, I can't wait for the kids to be old enough so they can join in. My five year old sort of knows how to play Carcassonne and we also have a few Ravensburger games for kids. -Wendy

          One solution is to invite over people (without kids or who don't need to bring their kids) after
          your kids have gone to bed. I work near Fresh Pond so I might even show up sometimes (I couldn't
          commit to doing it every time, since I also game elsewhere).

          Dan Blum tool@...
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13, 2013
            Hello All. Somewhat new to gaming. Or at least a long time now that I have
            returned.

            I live in Bridgewater and like Pandemic, Forbidden Island and Carcassonne.
            I'd like to learn to play Ticket to Ride as well as Smash Up or any new
            game. Not a fan however of very heavy, deep, long games. That's probably
            due to my short attention span. I purchased LOTR: LCG but my son and I have
            yet to tackle that one. Probably should mention I've played a couple of
            solos/PnP including ZIMP and Aether Captains.

            I'm looking to meet some new people either on the list or IRL to play
            and/or learn.

            Keep Gaming.

            Jeff