Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Old issues of Dragon Magazine

  • sromanowski@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
      > You won't get as much money (gross), but you could try selling them
      > locally on Craigslist and having the buyer pick them up.

      I fear much of the market went away (except for the very early issues) when TSR released issues 1-250 as PDFs many years back.

      > You could probably donate them to a library or sci-fi/game convention
      > (many of which are non-profit corporations) and get a writeoff equal
      > cover price, which might end up being as much as you would net if you
      > tried to sell them.

      Wouldn't that be "current value", not cover price? When I donated some old VHS tapes to my local library for their book sale, I didn't deduct anything -- their current value is $0, not the $20 or so I originally paid for them.

      Scott

      `-- c8 ]
    • Clay Dreslough
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2012
        > > You could probably donate them ... and get a
        > > writeoff equal to cover price

        > Wouldn't that be "current value", not cover price?

        I'm not a tax advisor, but you are correct. I'm just thinking that since
        these actually are collectors' items, they might have a value equal to
        their cover price.

        --
        President, Sports Mogul Inc.
        cjd@...