Early Warning - Buttery Birthday is on June 30, 2012

  • Shirley Márquez Dúlcey
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2012
      Buttery Birthday Party

      After May comes June, and then the end of June approaches, and that
      means another edition of the annual Buttery Birthday Party. This is not
      a game-centric party but plenty of gaming usually happens.

      For those of you who don't know what this means, we'll be having a big
      party starting early in the afternoon (1 PM or thereabouts) of the last
      Saturday of June (that's June 30, 2012 this year), and ending at
      midnight or so. Exact ending time is when all the residents are totally
      exhausted, or we run out of food and drink, whichever comes first.
      (Hint: bring food and drink.)

      We'll have the usual collection of unusual people. Things that usually
      happen include games, music, and general merriment. The back terrain (we
      can't really in good conscience call it a yard) is available for games
      of challenging croquet. We provide some food, soft drinks, and beer, but
      we encourage guests to bring more of all of the above. (In general, our
      guests will sneer at Budweiser, dring good microbrews happily, and give
      special warm thanks to homebrewers; plan accordingly.) Don't bring hard
      liquor unless you plan to take any remains home with you; our collection
      is already large enough.

      Bring yourselves, your friends, your families, your children, games,
      musical instruments, food and drink, and anything else that will help
      make you and our other guests happy (and not make anyone unhappy). The
      Buttery is a non-smoking house, including the porch, so the
      nicotine-addicted among you will have to wander out to the sidewalk or
      yard. We have no pets, and would prefer that you leave yours at home.
      Seeing-eye and other service animals are welcome, of course.

      For more information contact Shirley (mark@...). Directions at
      http://www.buttery.org/directions/