[OT] New LARP: Anstarra

  • Clay Dreslough
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      This is somewhat off-topic, but I know there is some crossover among
      these hobbies (including new players, for whom this is a really good
      system).

      I'm writing to invite you to join us, as players or cast, in a new larp
      launching this year. The summer with have 3 one-day events (on
      Saturdays) and the fall will feature a weekend game in October
      (12th-14th). This campaign will continue through 2014, with 4 weekend
      events per year.

      The campaign takes place in a "low-fantasy" medieval world, with magic
      and monsters in the vein of the superstition and folklore of the High
      Middle Ages (slanted towards a Celtic and Scandinavian feel, if you were
      wondering). There are several apparent threats, including a race of
      monsters to the North and an erratic duke governing the province to the
      East. But the backstory isn't the key to a good larp. Great people are.
      The 12 people we have on staff at this point are all people that I'm
      incredibly excited to work with (as are the players that have signed up).

      That's where you come in. We are looking for both PCs and NPCs, and we
      have a CP exchange with Madrigal and Mirror Mirror. We're bugging you
      now about an event in October because we're using Kickstarter to fund
      that event, and the deadline to reach our funding goal is April 8th:

      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anstarra/the-dragons-return-larp-weekend

      With Kickstarter, they only process your payment when we hit our target.
      This guarantees that you won't be signing up for a new larp with only 20
      players. If we don't get enough pledges, you don't pay a dime, and we
      all go back our lives. We're already at 75% of the way there, so we're
      all getting very excited about making this happen!

      Here's some starting info about the campaign and character creation:

      http://www.anstarra.com/campaign.html
      http://www.anstarra.com/charactercreation.html

      Finally, the Kickstarter page has some special packages that are limited
      in number. These will expire in 4 days. The most popular (which includes
      some extra character points and loot) has already been claimed 6 times,
      leaving just 2 spots. So please act fairly quickly if you're interested
      in attending, or putting together a party (or signing on as cast).

      Thanks!

      Clay, Michelle, Jenn, Stacey
      Gamemasters, Anstarra.com

      --